Sunday, May 4, 2008

Popular


For Veronica- My girls and I have been listening to the WICKED soundtrack all week, since we got it Monday! We have favorites but our most favorite is POPULAR. I put it on my playlist last night before I read your post. So now you can look at my blog and sing a happy tune!!! When I saw the show(NYC), Defying Gravity was my favorite, but Popular is just so cute and funny!!! Kenzie's friend bought the Wicked Grimmerie book. It's all about the show, how it became a musical, great pictures of the original cast, and the script and music lyrics. She brought it over Friday night and I read it for 4 hours!! SO FUN!!! WICKED is coming to Salt Lake next April.

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Jill, I couldn't understand how Wicked would work in explaining what came before Dorothy. But after seeing it, I cry to think of how true to life we humans are in judging and labeling people by their looks. I do love the song popular, and I love the any song that Elphaba and Glinda sing together......they have such beautifully written harmony.....I hope we can see Wicked in Salt Lake too. Hope you are all well. Love you!

April said...

I love Wicked. I saw it in Chicago. It was amazing! I've read the book too...I highly recommend it!

Ang and Al said...

Kristen Chenoweth was such a great choice. I love her. She's had parts on TV shows, but nothing ever "stuck." But she's on Pushing Up Daisies and she's great! I'm going to plug abc.com again: The season's over, but you can watch episodes on abc.com. It's a really cute show.