This weekend was in the low 80's, sunny and just spectacular out. I loved it!!! Warning, this is a super long post!!!!
Weekend Recap: I was camera happy this weekend so I decided to put it all into a slide show Friday-Sunday activitiesFriday night: Visited outside with neighbors, and kids played on Wendy and Jarred's new Playground.
Saturday: Jer finished the cabinets, girls had late nights at their friends. Jer, Molly and I went to the Larsens for a fun couples dinner. Great food, great company, and fun times playing Catch Phrase, Wii Boxing, and Guitar Hero.
Sunday:After church we stopped at Shawnee Mission Park for a photo opp. Got home, and then found a tick crawling on my shoulder. Jer got it off, dropped it, and we spent the next hour looking for it. (Note to Jer, next time don't drop a tick on the Hardwood floor, tad hard to spot) So happy when we found it. Miss Molly had a Texas sized explosion while sitting in the Exersaucer. Kenzie is screaming Molly Pooped come quick!!! Come down to find Molly happy as can be moving her feet all over the base and realize she's rubbing her feet in poop. YUCKY!!This was all happening when Jer should've been leaving for the airport. I got Molly clean & redressed, Jer hosed the Saucer down. Jer finally left, and called about 75 min. later telling me they wouldn't let him get on the flight. He checked in 30 min before flight, it was oversold and Continental canceled his seat. Long story short they shouldn't have canceled his seat,they couldn't get him on another flight until Tuesday morn, gave him a refund, learned his luggagewas already gone on the original flight, he rebooked a flight with Midwest airlines, got a room by the airport(didn't want to drive 40 min home to leave again 7 hrs. later), and is now finally in Texas.
Now for my crazy night story. I called him at 9:00pm telling him Kenzie had strange black things on her scalp. I was freaking out thinking it has to be HEAD LICE!!!! Are you kidding me? I wouldn't know for sure until taking Kenzie to be seen, but just to be safe I took the girls to Walgreen's for Lice shampoo. The pharmacist was hardly any help, but I got the RID Lice kit, and we came home and got to work. I put Madi to bed, fed Molly, stripped the sheets, then started on her hair. Poor Kenzie was up until 12:40am dealing with me doing all the shampooing and then combing out each strand. It took forever!! As I combed I didn't see anything strange, and washing it got the black stuff out. I put Madi on the bus this morning after making sure her head was OK, reminding her not to tell anyone her sister could have Lice. Just don't want to freak anyone out, or embarrass Kenz. Our Conversation:
Me:Madi tell Jennifer(bus driver) Kenzie has a headache(true, Kenzie's did have a headache) and she won't be on the bus this morning.
Madi:Why can't I just tell people Kenzie probably has Lice?
Me:because, It might not be lice and I don't want people bothering Kenz about it.
Madi: OK, well I'll just say we think she might have lice, but it might not be.
Me: Madilynn honey, just don't say anything.
Madi:I have to say something. Everyone will wonder where she is.
Me:Say she has a headache!!!AAAHHHH!!!!
Madi: But she doesn't have a headache, and if she does it's probably from the Lice.
Me:Forget it Madi, just go to school!
Trying to reason with a 6 yr old..... priceless!!!
Took Kenz into our school nurse this morning. Nurse Vanderslice was so nice and calm with Kenz. Got the plastics out, a lice comb, magnifying light, Popsicle stick, and checked every strand. She said if she did have I did an amazing job because she doesn't see anything. She then asked if the black specks were moving. NO, but it didn't look like dirt, and if it was dirt, well then that's some very dirty hair. She isn't sure what it was, but doesn't think it was lice. Thank Goodness. So what if I stripped sheets, and was up till the wee hours cleaning like a mad woman. No Lice, I'm thrilled!!!!!
Anyway, hoping that's not a sign of a crazy week ahead. How can it be crazy, the last day of school is Thursday, and it's non-stop fun from here on out!!!!!
YA-HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
4 months ago












10 comments:
Seeing all those beautiful pictures of you guys near that river made me miss you all so much! What beautful little nieces I have! Not too mention what a handssome brother and of course gorgeous sister. I loved little Molly's dress. That looks like such a beautiful place. We had a lice scare a little while back with Kody's kindergarten class and it made me so anxious. You think of all the places thier heads touch and it makes you feel sick. I was also running around like a mad woman washing sheets and pillow cases, but I really feel for you having to comb Kenzie's thick long hair! My boys hair didn't take long at all. Luckily it wasn't lice after all. You guys are lucky! We still have till the 13th of June for school!
Ash,
Would you believe that's actually a lake within this beautiful park? It's amazing. Except for the ticks it's great!!!! Just can't walk under the trees or in the long grass next time.
I'm so grateful Kenz doens't have lice. It was awful combing her thick hair.
Looks like a great weekend!! Loved ALL the pictures!! You have such a great family!! Good thing it wasn't lice!! I though Kenzie had it once and the pharmasist wouldn't come near me!! Some help they are ~~ Hope you have a good week!
Looks like a great weekend except for the maybe lice part. Hope you survive without Jer!
Sounds like a crazy weekend! I couldn't help but laugh though. That conversation you had with Madi would soo be Lexi. I hope your and Jers weeks can run more smoothly!
Oh man, I am sorry about your weekend. But, I just have to laugh. The poop, the plane and then the lice that wasn't. What an experience. It can only go up from here. Hopefully!
Oh Jill, I'm so sorry about the hair. I can just imagine how that all went...
Oh, crazy! And I thought I had a weekend...
I hope everything has worked out and things are fine (and bug-less)
Holy Cow... What a weekend! I can't believe the poop story! That is hilarious! Kenzie- I am glad to hear that it is not lice!!!! Sure love you guys! P.S. you need to quit rolling in the grass- you are trying too hard to be like Daisy!!!!:)
SO fun to have you guys over Sat. Sounds like it has been a crazy week! Classic story!
Post a Comment