Thursday, May 1, 2008

Oh, what a night!!

*UPDATE*8:08am May 2nd
I awoke at 1:37am to a terrible storm outside. I really thought our house was being ripped apart. Jer wasn't in the room so I went downstairs. He was watching the weather. This storm was worse than anything that had come earlier, but no tornado warnings this time. I saw water coming in from the breakfast area window. I was so mad. A million times I told the builder the window leaked. In Oct. he said it was fixed, apparently not!!!! Jer and I were up until 2:30 continually getting the water up that kept coming in from that window. What a crazy night!! Nice thing is, all 3 girls stayed asleep during the 2nd storm. It was good not having to comfort them when I was nervous again myself. Something about storms during the dark night hours freaks me out! Seeing the destruction on TV this morning just 25 mintues east of us shows me we were very lucky. Say Hello to spring in the Midwest!

9:00pm May 1st
We spent an hour sitting in our basement this evening due to constant Tornado Warnings and the sirens going off. The girls were very nervous. At one point Madi yelled to do the school tornado drill pose, curl in a ball and cover your head. In between storms they brought down card games and books. I had bought 8 new books when I worked at the book fair yesterday. It was Buy 1, Get 1 Free!!! So great!! So we read fun new books and waited out the storms. Sitting down there made me think we need to get started finishing the basement so we can be comfortable during Tornado Warnings:)
Made for an eventful evening. Got kids to bed, and sat down to watch Thursday night shows we taped only to find most had been preempted by news about the weather. I'm hoping we are done with storms for the night because I'm ready for bed!! Did anything good happen on Grey's Anatomy?

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I can picture you all down there making a party of the tornado warning. Sorry to hear about the crazy weather. Did you hear... we had snow in UT today! Unbelievable.

Mindy M. said...

I am sorry to read about your horrible an scary night! I guess you could call it a good experience and that you were prepared with some fun stuff. Grey's was pretty good, see if they re-play it during the night and your DVR should pick it up. Hope you have a better night and can get some sleep.

Ashley said...

Jill, how scary! I am glad you are all okay!

Veronica said...

WIND!!! I am more scared of the wind than other storms. I am so sorry to hear about the scary time in the basement....it is so hard to be brave for our children when all we want to do is breakdown and cry like a baby. I remember those storms in Denver where our basement flooded and ruined books and papers and John was in Washington D. C. I am thankful you are all doing all right today and hope that builder gets that window fixed pronto....the tornado season isn't over yet! Stay safe... Love you !

Ang and Al said...

www.abc.com

Click on "Watch Full Episodes" then "Launch Player."

Then, you can watch Grey's online! I just finished it, and it was like old times! Lately I felt that Grey's has gotten a little too melodramatic, but last night was pure entertainment...I might just go watch it again...

Sorry about the scary storms. You guys should move. Remember that here in Utah, you're only living on a major fault line.

Char said...

So glad you are safe! Glad that the girls slept thru. Funny story--years ago, when I lived in the QuadCities, a bad storm came thru and I was wide awake with the sound of the wind. The rest of the house was sound asleep. Then next night, a small tornado took out the garage across the street and would you beleive, I slept thru it!
Crazy