Friday, May 9, 2008

A NEW Mixer?

The following should not reflect all stores.Steve, you should come kick our stores into shape!
Jer gave me an early Mother's Day present last night. We needed to make 5 dozen cookies and I called him at work to say that I didn't think my hand mixer was going to cut it for this cookie dough. He said, maybe I should buy you a mixer? I've never had a Stand Mixer, just a little hand one. I told him not to since I probably wont use it often. Well, he came home with a Kitchen Aid. He stopped at Wal-Mart quick since the girls had a Fine Arts fair at school. We got back from the school at 7:30 and I opened the mixer, suddenly very excited about having one. It's not the big fancy one, but I'm not a big, fancy cook, so it will be great. I get it out of the box, set it on the counter and then see something a little odd. There was butter on it. I thought that was odd, then I noticed dried flour, and dried batter up the tool connector. Yes, that's right, it had been used and then resold!!! Um, Hello, you don't go pay $198(great price by the way) for a mixer that has been used. After we got the kids to bed, Jer left at 8:30 back to Wal-Mart, making a nice suggestion to the store magager to check the returns before reselling them! He came back with a New, Unused mixer, and it worked fabulous. Who knows, maybe I'll start using it often, become a fancy cook, and need to upgrade!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Fun present! I love my kitchenaid!

Veronica said...

I love my kitchen aid mixer and I can even make my thick Christmas cookie recipe with it. The only trouble I have is I don't have a flour guard and when it flies it goes everywhere. I have to be careful. Fun gift...enjoy.

Michelle said...

Yuck! The butter incident grosses me out. Hope you get a lot of use out of your *NEW* Kitchenaid. I have a feeling your local market is going to notice decreased sales of Pilsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough :)