Thursday, May 15, 2008

He works hard for his Honey!! Cheesy, I know!!

BEFORE
In February I mentioned to Jer I thought the main floor laundry needs cabinets. It only had 1 top and 1 bottom. There is so much wasted space!!He thought it was silly since I am hardly in there. We have another laundry upstairs, and that's where I wash everything. The venting for the dryer upstairs isn't the best. Moisture builds up since the vent is bent at a 90 degree angle, and the lint often become a ball of mush. So lately we use the dryer downstairs more. Jer finally said, "You're right, cabinets would be nice in here(when will he learn that I'm always right):)!!!. They were delivered last week but he wanted the to do the install himself and save the $650 install fee(I agree). It only took 1 day and some work between he and I(mostly him) making sure all was even before he put screws in. Jer always impresses me with his projects, he gets them done well!! Jer also repainted the walls a tad lighter but with a Semi-gloss, I can't stand the flat paint contractors seem to love out here. The cabinets look amazing. I want to be in there all the time now. When he gets back from Houston he'll finish the crown and build a wrapping paper holder that will hang underneath!! It's so Great!! Thank you, Thank you, Jer!!! I love, love, love, my fabulous laundry room makeover!!

AFTER

7 comments:

Emily said...

It looks awesome!!

The White House said...

I totally agree about the paint crap they use out here. Little by little we are repainting the whole house. It takes forever. Your laundry room looks great.

Anonymous said...

Jill,

The cabients are beautiful! Tell Jeremy he did a great job installing the cabients. Hope you had a great lunch with your friend.

Love,
JEN

Ashley said...

Jer,
You never cease to amaze me with your handy-man abilities. No job is too big or too hard for you. The cabinets look so great Jer!!! Great Job! What a nice Mother's day gift. Slowly Dave is learing all these things with our remodel and he totally impresses me with his skills as well.

We are so lucky to have these handy husbands eh, Jill!!!? I love the color of the cabinets. Let me know if you want some letetring for in there! We are working hard on our laundry room right now too. I can't wait to have one of my own!!!! My first laundry room how exciting. I will post pictures in the next few weeks as we finish. We are in the middle of our re-pipe right now. By the way, I love the pink!

Jill said...

Ash,
Thanks so much!! If Dave and Jer lived by each other they would have so much fun working on projects together. Plus it could all get done in half the time. I'm glad you like the color of them. It's a maple glazed. I wanted to do a color glazed but then decided to do more neutral and decorate in there with color. Yes I want lettering. What is a cute laundry saying? Did you find a cute font for my Howdy Y'all?

I like the pink background too. Promise it will be my last switch for awhile. It's so me and my girls!!!

Mindy M. said...

I love your new laundry room!! Is Jeremy free to be hired out?!?! My husband is NO handy man, at all!! I wish I had cabinets in my laundry room, but I do have a great washer/dryer after 19 years of marriage!! Go figure ~~ it looks great!!

Ryan said...

Wow! How nice that you found us. I love your blog. Great music! Jill, your family has grown. What a beautiful family. That's wonderful! Thanks for dropping a line recently.
Hayley