These pictures were taken last Sunday, February 6, 2011 (this is a long post, it needed pictures)
Last Sunday, Feb. 6th.....
Jer left for the United Kingdom(New Castle). He woke up with his left eye swollen and red. He thought it maybe from how he'd slept. The kids were all healthy!(Well, except Mya had diarrhea for over a week off and on)
Sunday night....Mya was grumpy! She's working on getting her top teeth. Feels a little warm. Had a rough night! Jer arrived in New Castle, called to say his eye looked a little worse.
Monday....McKenzie and Madilynn back to school after a week of 4 snow days! Molly missing her daddy. Mya has dark rosy cheeks, still a bit grumpy. She's feeling warm.
Monday night...Mya was awake until 3am, very grumpy. Feeling warm, gave her Tylenol. Molly was in and out of my room saying her legs hurt. It was a long night!
Talked with Jer who says to get him a Dr. appointment for Friday, as his eye look really bad.
Tuesday.....Older girls to school. Molly plays in her underwear most of the day! HA! Mya was not doing well. She wanted to be held all day long. She was running a fever and just miserable. We skype with Jeremy around 5pm(11pm his time). His left eye looks bad, he says he thinks it looks better.
Tuesday night.... Worst night! Mya was so tired, cried, and she wouldn't eat. Finally at 9:30 I got her to sleep. Every time I tried laying her down she would wake up. So I held her, tucked pillows around me, and fell asleep. Then at 10:30 she woke up and screamed for the next 2 1/2 hrs., even with me holding her.
Wednesday Early AM....At 1:15am I could feel she was just burning up. Took her temp....it was 102.7 I called Jer (7am his time) who said to take her to the Urgent Care. I gave her Tylenol and got ready to go.
I woke Kenzie up to tell her what was going on. I got dressed, gathered things I would need, and left at 2:15am. There is an Outpatient Center less than 5 minutes from my house. It has a mini ER. It was snowing, so it took me 15 minutes to get there. Mya and I were the only ones there. They were so kind and it is a wonderful facility. Very Clean and nice!
Mya's temp had gone down to 101.7 when they checked it. Very happy the Tylenol was working. Her little heart was racing. They said it was because of the fever. As the fever came down, her heart slowed down. Dr. says ears, eyes, throat looked perfect. Lungs sounded great. He said it was either from teething, a gastointestinal virus, or both. All he could tell me was to keep her hydrated and manage the fever. He and the nurses were so gentle and kind to my Mya. I was so grateful for that. Mya was very calm there, only cried when they looked in her ears and throat.
Got home at 3:30am. Mya finally nursed good, and fell asleep. Went to lay her down, and she woke up screaming. Screamed until 4:50am. Finally got her back to sleep, laid her down, and she stayed asleep. Kenzie woke me up at 6:50am. I was so tired. Yet, as the day went on I felt energized. I was able to function and not feel exhausted. Such a blessing.
My Mom and Harley were flying in that evening, and I was very excited for their arrival. A surprise for the girls! Mya had another hard day as her fever stayed between 101 and 102 all day.
Wednesday night.... I was very grateful for my Mom's help with Mya Wednesday night after she arrived.
Thursday.....Kenzie and Madi were out of school this day and Friday for Parent/Teacher conferences. Mya began to turn a corner. Fever was around 100 most of day, and by Thursday night...no more fever. She's been good since. Jer flew home Thursday evening, and was so sick! He looked and sounded awful!
Friday....Mya was a happy baby again (although still has a little dirreah). Jer went to the Dr. and was given an 1 antibiotic for a sinus infection, drop for eye infection, and Ambien to help him get some sleep. The jet lag, plus being sick has done a number on him.
Anyway, not much got done this last week, and the week before we were home bound most of the week from the snow. So......to all our loved ones......sorry I didn't get any Valentines out. We love you all and wish you the Happiest Valentine's Day!
PS.... We had a great time with my mom and Harley! They fly back to Texas this afternoon.








2 comments:
That does sound like quite a week!
My goodness Jill! You had a crazy week! I hope everyone gets better soon! Glad your mom could come out and help! Bet the girls loved having her and Harley there!
The girls look adorable! Tell them all Happy Valentines from us! (We didn't get Valentines out either! ha ha )
Post a Comment