Friday, February 25, 2011

Carnival?

How can the weather be in the 70's a week ago, and then yesterday we get blasted by a snowstorm? INSANE! This better be the last of it. Yesterday, during the return of winter, I began to design my Dream Home, with a fabulous white kitchen, and it will be located in a warmer climate! HA! Seriously, I did!

Now Molly is sick! Poor thing! Fever last 2 days. Must take ibuprofen to keep it under 102. Up in the night coughing. Sweet girl came in our room at 1am, crying, saying "My little voice is gone. This is not my voice." She was so raspy sounding. Jer did take her to the Dr. yesterday. He said it's just a bad virus, or possibly the Flu. He did a strep test, negative. He decided not to do a flu test, since if it is the flu, nothing they can do to treat it, that we can't do at home.

Tonight is Madilynn's school Carnival. Luckily school wasn't cancelled today from the storm, so the carnival is still on. Hoping Molly improves so she can go. Her BF Reese is going to be there, and she was looking forward to having so much fun with her.

Also found out......kids don't have to make up any snow days. Since the State of Kansas declared a State of Emergency during the Blizzard (first week of Feb.) school's don't have to make up those days. Plus, our schools already schedule in free snow days. I heard this from Maid's teacher, and Kenzie's teachers told her, here's hoping it's true!

My mom said San Antonio schools made up their freak (not even an inch) snow day on President's Day. BTW.....it was 87 degrees there yesterday. Jealous!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am so sick of winter! I need a warmer climate too

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Have fun at the Carnival! Hope Molly gets feeling better so that she can go with you guys! Sorry she is sick... that's the pits!
I wanna see your dream home! :)
I would love to design mine but seeing how we won't be living in a "dream home" anytime soon I probably shouldn't tease myself like that! ha ha