

Saturday we went over to Coranado Island. What a darling place!! Cute boutiques line the streets, and it just has a cute feel to it. Loved the houses that lined the coast. We ate at a Mexican restaurant for lunch, then walked over to Hotel Del Coronado. This is the hotel used in Some Like it Hot. It is amazing. So old and beautiful. This might sound strange, but I could almost picture people walking around from the early 1900’s. It also reminds me of the hotel from Somewhere in Time. We took beautiful photos of the girls in the hotel courtyard and on the beach(the girls were not happy putting the dresses on again this day for photos, but ended up enjoying all the compliments they got) Miss Molly fell asleep as we walked to the beach so she wasn't in the Coranado beach photos. The beach was beautiful. White sandy beaches.

It was chilly with the wind blowing strong but the white sand was soft and warm. I love this place. It is rich, elegant, and except for the chilly windy part, I would probably come spend a week here. !! We spent about 4 ½ hrs. at the Island, the kids got too cold playing at the beach there so we left and drove up to La Jolla. Unfortunately, the beaches in La Jolla were not near as nice as Coronado, tons of seaweed or rocky, but the scenery around was beautiful. Molly woke up and we stopped at the beach for more pictures.


Got back to the Marina around dinnertime and ate The Harbor House in Seaport Village.I had a delicious Salmon, Jer got Mahi Mahi, Jen and the girls had items off the non sea food menu. They missed out as Jer and I loved our dishes. We walked along the Marina and Kenzie gave a street performer money to do a little jig for us. He would juggle bowling pins and kept dropping them. Kenzie would pick one up only to have him drop another. He then stood her on the pedestal, and brought Jenny up. He then pointed to Jen’s camera, and she handed it to him to take the photo. He put it in his pocket and ran off. Jen’s face was priceless! Wished I had the video camera out. He came back of course, got the camera out of his pocket and while handing it to Jen dropped it on the ground. Jen’s face was again priceless as was all of our’s. We couldn't’t believe he’d just dropped her camera. Jen looked like she was about to start crying. He smiled, picked up the camera, and then pulled Jen’s out of his other pocket. I laughed so hard.

It was now 8:30 and we all went night swimming. The pool was heated which made it so nice to swim in the cool San Diego night air. A big screen was set up and we watched Enchanted while swimming.
It was another great day!!!
1 comment:
It sounds like you are having a great trip! I love all your details and post each day!
Post a Comment