Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hooray for Hollywood!!

Let me add quick how much I love Jer's Blackberry and the Sprint navigation system. It's helped us get exactly where we need to go, otherwise we'd be so turned around in this town!!

We slept in on Thursday, had a late buffet breakfast and left our hotel around 12:30 for our drive around Hollywood. First stop was The Grove which had the American Girl doll store. I think Jer forgot that we did this entire experience back in March at the Dallas store for Madi's very early birthday, since he told Madi to pick out anything you want. Dad's a softy when it comes to his daughters. Madi was in Heaven once again and it took her over an hour to decide. She chose the little puppy so her doll could have a pet, also a swim suit for her doll, and a matching suit for her dog. We walked around The Grove for another hour, fun place!

We then drove to the LA Temple site. I love all the beautiful flowers on these grounds.Went over to Seagull book after and found great deals. Kenzie got the new FableHaven book, and is so excited to start reading it with Aunt Ang.




We wanted to walk the street of stars, but drove around 30minutes just looking for a parking spot, so we finally decided to drive to the Hollywood sign. We drove to the hiking area, and got great photos. Jen slipped walking up the hill, she's OK and was laughing so we all had a good laugh.





After an hour there we drove to Downtown Disney. I was so disappointed!!! I so love Downtown Disney at Disney World. It is amazing!!! We love all the special Disney stores, and there is just so much to do. Downtown Disneyland was more like a mall with most things not Disney related. I just was not impressed. Just an opinion. I was kind of hoping this would give me my Disney fix, but no such luck. We walked over to the Disney Hotel and found that's the place that feels more like Disney. The kids had fun walking around and that's what matters!!

It was a great touring day!! I could so live in LA. I just love it!!! I know the smog and crowds would get to me, but there's just something about it. Actually it might just be this Weezer song. Makes me want to dance on the streets of LA, well, Rodeo Dr. that is!!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like you all our having great time! The pictures by the Hollywood sign are so fun! Still wondering if Jenny or Jer made it on the Price is Right!?? Mom comes tomorrow we are so excited!!!!

Linds said...

What a great trip. Hearing about all your adventures so makes me miss southern CA. Love the updates and sounds like you are all having a blast. Enjoy!

Mindy M. said...

It looks like you guys are having a great time!! Love seeing all the pictures, wish we were there on vacation too!! Little Miss Molly has got to be the cutest dang thing I have ever seen!! Love the big bows and the huge grins!!

Todd and Megan said...

So glad that you guys are having fun here in SoCal...too bad we didn't get to see your cute family while you were here. As for LA, it definitely is fun for awhile, but as for me I am counting my days until I can move...