Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Enjoyed our hotels!!

We really didn't have an agenda on this trip, we just knew the cities we would be in on certain days. The original itinerary I made was Las Vegas(Sun, Mon, Tues Morn), LA(Tues-Fri), Price is Right(Wed.), Disneyland(Thur-Fri), Legoland(Sat), San Diego Zoo(Sun), head back to Utah)(Mon& Tues) Last week we decided as a family we wouldn't see Disneyland. All who know me and how much I love Disney know this decision was killing me. To be in California and not do Disneyland seemed absurd. The kids really didn't care. They were fine just being able to swim and play at the beach. I'm glad we didn't go since we were able to see and do so many other fun things.
I enjoyed every place we stayed.
Las Vegas- MGM. I was actually pleasantly surprised. It being an older hotel I was worried, but I loved it. Still can't stand they make you walk through the smelly casino area to get anywhere. I was also worried about the location being far down on the strip. It wasn't bad, and the kids loved it was next to M&M store. Loved the pool/lazy river area.


(photo courtesy of Marriott.com)Newport Beach- we stayed at the Marriott Newport Beach Bayview Hotel. I loved it!!! Every room is a suite. The staff was wonderful and so helpful. The chef knew exactly what the kids wanted for breakfast every morning, so cute! The pool was heated which came in handy on Wed. when it was a little chilly. The location isn't the best ever. You do have a little view of the bay, but there isn't much right around the hotel to do. Next time I would choose the Marriott Newport Beach Hotel & Spa. It's right on the beach. I would've enjoyed that on Wed. when Jer and Jen were are TPIR!(When Jer has a moment he will post about it)



San Diego- the San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina. This hotel is amazing. I love it!!! Our view of the Marina and Coranado Island was so beautiful. The pool is wonderful(photo)The location is fabulous. We were across the street from everything fun to do in Downtown San Diego. The kids decided Friday night not to do Legoland. They just want to hang at the beach at Coronado Island that next day.
My friends Veronica and family were in California at the same time as us, but we were only in San Diego at the same time on Friday. Hey were y'all the ones making traffic so crazy in downtown SD after the Padre's game?:) Was the red headed girl I saw dancing in the streets Meg?!!!

I love staying in great hotels, and these were all wonderful!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I lOVE LOVE LOVE the new photo of the girls on the beach. REALLY. They just look wonderful!

I get such a kick out of Kenzie, can I just adopt her now? I'm not kidding.

All your photos are great. I haven't been able to blog for a while and I cannot believe all the information I missed! It's great!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.