Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A not so normal Easter Sunday

I've got a bad sinus infection, so I've been resting since we got back Sunday evening(on Amoxicillin now). I haven't been sick in a very long time and this hit me hard while in Texas. Easter was very out of the ordinary for us this year. The kids had an Easter Egg hunt at my parent's house Saturday morning(Jen, email me pics). Left SA around 1:00pm and drove to Ardmore, Oklahoma. We awoke Easter Sunday at 9:00am and Madi yelled out that the Easter Bunny came to our hotel room. Kenz got a cute Denver Broncos watch, Madilynn an American Girl doll outfit, and both got fun Travel scrapbook journals. Molly got fun stuffed peeps! Left Ardmore around 11:30am , and got home at 6:30pm. I felt very sad not attending church,Easter photos after, and having an Easter dinner. We called my mom around 3:30 from the car and she read us the Easter story over the phone. I was so grateful she did that so we could have a reverent moment reflecting on the Resurrection of our Savior. My sweet visiting teachers called me this morning and said they were bringing me dinner. I feel silly, but grateful for their service. I held Molly in my arms all night as she had a fever and couldn't breathe out her nose. I was so hoping she wouldn't catch my cold. Poor thing. Speaking of Molly, she's changing everyday and I'll post all about it Saturday when she turns 7 months old!!!!
We had such a fun visit with my family last week. My dad had a fun China themed FHE for us. We made Chinese food, and we learned all about China. Great idea Dad, the kids loved it. Mom, Dad,Jen,Joy,Jam,and Harley we love you!!! Thanks for a great visit.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I am glad the easter bunny found you guys in oklahoma! Cute pics of your girls and I hope you feel better.

Ashley said...

Jill,
I hope you get feeling better soon. I love the picture of your mom with all her little girls. So cute. Sounds like your visit was wonderful! Glad to hear you got home safely.

Emily said...

Looks like such a fun visit. Hope you and Molly feel better soon!