Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hawaii Day 2


We spent 2 hrs. at the beach today. The beach is about 10 steps from the hotel. We stayed in the part that had a man made wall blocking the waves so Molly wouldn't get scared. She liked the water for about 5 seconds then made her sad face. Kenz and Madi of course played their hearts out, then got sick of the sand all over them. We then went swimming at the hotel pool for an hour. After getting cleaned up we drove to the DOLE Pineapple Farm. Jer, Kenz and Madi did the Pineapple maze, and 1 hr. later they finally found their way out. We then took the train ride showing us all the growing pineapple. We ate pineapple ice cream shake, it was delicious! I am amazed with the customer service here, everyone is so friendly. I love it!!!

After DOLE, we drove about 15 minutes up to North Shore. We got there at 6:00pm and we were disappointed not see any surfers out. Surfers come from all over the world to surf at North Shore. It was relaxing just to watch and listen to the water crashing ashore.



Jer's work is having a welcome party tonight at 9:00 by the pool. Planned on taking the kids but they are worn out, as am I. Jer's heading down on his own, and I'm ready to hit the pillow. Our hotel beds are so comfortable and cozy. I love our room, it's wonderful. Tomorrow morning the girls are having a Hula lesson, and they are so excited for it. Should be fun!! On a side note, my incision from my c-section has gotten irritated by something, the middle part is swollen red, and a small opening has formed. I'm getting up at 4:30am to call my OB when his office opens at 8:30am. I'm a little concerned that I'm 6 months out from surgery, and have never had a problem until now. Weird! I don't want anything to mess up the good time we are having. Hopefully everything is fine!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I hope everything is o.k. with your incision. Scary. Keep us updated on what they tell you! Good Luck and I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

Ashley said...

Jill, we LOVE seeing all your pictures! It is so fun to see what you have been doing. It looks so gorgeous!!! The Dole farm sounds like fun. I bet the pinapple was amazing. Let us know about your incision. Love you all!

Ang and Al said...

I find it amazing that you're blogging while on vacation. Man, you're good. And just so you know, I've bumped the lizard video on mine and put some new ones up...finally! Have a great time out there!

Veronica said...

Jill, make sure you don't have an infection....I am glad you are going to call your doctor. On a happy note...I love you pictures and I love reading about your vacation. Are you going to get to the Polynesian Cultural Center and also the temple? Hope so! Take care!