

Convergys took the group to the Polynesian Cultural Center. We had a wonderful time. First, the drive there is wonderful. You go through a valley, then come right out to the ocean, and continue to drive up the coast until the center. We spotted a whale jumping during the drive. Molly fell asleep on the drive and for the first hour at the center.
The girls had a great time touring the center. The kids got books that gave a list of activities to do at each island to earn a stamp. They were thrilled about this. We started out with a fun Canoe ride. Kenzie favorite was going out on a bamboo raft. I was a tad nervous for her and Jer, they really had to balance well.

Kenzie thought is was the greatest thing ever. Madilynn's favorite thing was fishing. After 20 minutes Jer told her we better move on, and she was upset having not caught a fish. She wanted to fish all day.

In Tonga we watched the Drum show, and Kenz went on stage to bang the drums. They gave her a pineapple leaf crown and she was so proud wearing it around. The kids enjoyed spear tossing as well.

We took the BYU/Temple tour. It's a fast 40 minutes, so I felt rushed. I could have sat on the Temple grounds forever. The first view of the temple is breathtaking. The line of palm trees leading down the path to the beautiful temple is an amazing sight. Kenz decided she wants to attend BYU Hawaii.

Many students are there for a semester program from BYU/Provo or Idaho, and Kenz says she would like to do that. I must say it's a beautiful place to attend school.



We then ate at the Auii Luau. The food was great, and the Luau was so fun to watch. The most amazing time was had at the Horizon Evening Show. What a production!!! I was in awe, and felt like we were watching a Broadway show. It was great!!! 70% of the workers there are students at BYU. I met a darling girl named LeAnna from Utah there on a semester program. We chatted while I fed Molly. After the Luau she saw us and gave the girls beautiful flower crowns. Kenz and Madi were thrilled, so I had to get a photo with our new friend. It was a great day!! Oh, my incision is doing good. My doctor said to put warm rags on it at and hydrogen peroxide to clean it out. It's already starting to heal. Probably was some stitching inside trying to dissolve causing the problem.
3 comments:
I love coming to your blog to hear about your daily fun in Hawaii! i totally cracked up when I saw Molly holding her toothbrusgh at the Temple, too funny. Glad your incision is doing better! Give the girls a great big hug from me! (And Jerr too!!!)
Wow it sounds like you guys are having a blast in Hawaii. I love the updates and hope you guys travel safely.
I loved the Polynesian Cultural Center so much. The temple is amazing. We rented a house about 4 blocks from the temple right on the ocean. We walked out the kitchen door to the beach and it was great. This is so much fun to see your vacation through your blog. So glad your incision is all right. Have fun and be safe! Love to all!
Post a Comment