Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tugs at the Heart

The day after our sweet Molly was born we were told she had a heart murmur. I fell apart! She seemed so healthy. The doctor told us not to worry yet, that it might be nothing. How could we not worry? A cardiologist was coming to do an ultrasound on her little heart Friday afternoon. I was a mess those 2 days, I'm so grateful to my mom and Jer who were so strong for me during that time. It was so hard when they took Molly from us for her ultrasound at 2:00pm Friday afternoon(the 31st) knowing the news when she came back to us might not be good. They didn't bring her back until 7:00pm that night. It was the worst 5 hours for us. I kept asking Jer to go see what was taking so long, I wanted my baby. I will never forget the moment she was finally brought back to the room. I just held her close. The cardiologist came in an hour later, apologizing for taking so long. He said she was perfect. He didn't detect anything wrong with her heart(no murmur), and said she was in great condition. We were so happy and grateful!! For our good news, there are so many other families that don't get that news. I have come across a blog that has tugged at my heart.www.babygirlbutcher.blogspot.com It's of a sweet baby girl who has a heart condition know as HLHS. She passed from this life 3weeks ago at 2 months old. I tear up every time I look at their site, and the song playing is beautiful. I'm so happy they are starting a project in her memory, and I'm so excited to help their cause. I am donating in honor of our sweet Joshie, Jer's brother(who passed on due to his heart condition).

I finally found a website(thanks Melissa) that helped me easily put a slide show together w/music of our sweet Molly's birth. Enjoy!!! (photos from leaving for the hospital to day we came home)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the video Jill! Especially the photo of Jer holding Molly right after the c-section and you're in the background looking at them! What a beautiful,healthy, chubby baby!

Ashley said...

Jill, the slideshow made me cry. I loved the music and all the sweet pictures.

Mindy M. said...

I loved your slide show!! It is wonderful! You are so talented and the pictures are great!! I viewed the blog you mentioned and I am donating ASAP!! I cried reading about the family and then watching their slide-show. What a strong family. We are so blessed.

Michelle said...

Wow, Jill. I love the video. Brought back all my own images of being in the hospital after childbirth. Very sweet.

Ashley said...

Jill, I love your new picture heading at the top and the pic of you and Jer!