Wednesday, June 30, 2010

2 weeks

First thing I woke up to this morningI had fed Mya around 6am. I laid her next to me(I know, shouldn't do that) and 3 hrs. later woke up to this beautiful face.

Baby Mya turned 2 weeks old today!

Pictures taken today lying on the beautiful quilt Grandma Nancy made for her.

Tried a few different poses and bows.


I stood on the scale, then held her, and I think she now weighs 7lbs.
June 16 6lb 14.3 oz
June 20 6lbs 5oz
June 22 6lbs 9oz
June 30 7lbs

If my scale is correct then she is now above her birth weight! I can tell she is filling out. 2 weeks, it's just flying by and I'm trying to soak in every single detail and moment.


She has been sleeping good. Waking up about every 3 hrs. to eat. I feel rested when she goes that long between feedings.

She seems to be focusing on things now. She is awake for longer periods, and her big blue eyes stare intently at things. I think she sees us moving about as she will often turn her head at our movements.


My mom flew back home this afternoon.

I cried, and cried, and cried a little more.

We had such a fun time with her, and she was a huge help to us all.

Thank You to my wonderful mom for spending these last 2 weeks with us. We love you and miss you tons already!

(I had dressed Molly first this morning, then decided to go with a blue theme on the girls. Of course, Miss Molly loved her button shirt and pink tutu and would not budge on changing! That's OK, Molly looks cute as heck in yellow!)

9 comments:

Jenny said...

I think we all fall asleep with our little babies at some point. I know I do. Mya is darling. Can't wait to meet her!

Emily said...

She is a beautiful baby!

Ashley said...

Jill, I LOVE the quilt Mom did for you!! I hadn't seen it yet. I love the colors and the materials. I also LOVE your cute changing table. Mya's outfit is so darling. I love that color on her. I love her big bow! She has the cutest lips!! She is so tiny! I am glad she is gaining weight good. I know how sad you feel about your Mom leaving. It is so hard when Moms leave. It is so wonderful having them there to help you. Your Mom is so good with the girls I know they all love her so much. I hope you are getting some meals from your ward and Jer is there to help out!! You'll do great Jill. The picture of you with your Mom is beautiful by the way. Love you!

Ashley said...

Happy 2 weeks Baby Mya!!!

njepperson said...

I love the pictures of Mya! She is so beautiful and I'm so happy she is gaining weight and doing so well. She is a much loved little sweetheart! Thank you Chris for being there and taking such wonderful care of everyone. I know it must have been so hard to say good bye. Love you all so much!

Jill Stones said...

Holding your baby close and feeling her breathe is the best feeling in the world....cherish it while you can!! You my dear are making me baby hungry:) she is a angel, so perfect!! You look great!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Mya looks so darling in these pictures... she is so tiny and dainty! I love her! Blakelee has the onsie that Mya is wearing :)... Mya looks darling in blue!
I am sorry your mom left! That is hard! I am glad the girls are such a big help to you though and Jer too... You look beautiful in that picture with your mom Jill!
P.S. I love the quilt!

Veronica said...

Such a sweet post about your wonderful baby and family. I love all the pictures. I love seeing your mom too! She always makes my heart so happy! I love your mom more than she will ever know. You are certainly like a daughter to me. Love you all!

Candace said...

Oh she looks so sweet! I cried and cried every time my mom left. I hope you feel better soon!