Wednesday, June 9, 2010

2nd week of summer break was jam packed! June 1-June5th


What a week!

Last Tuesday, June 1st, McKenzie had friends over to paint shirts for Girl's Camp.


Kenzie left for camp yesterday, June 8th. Sure going to miss her this week. She's my right hand, and helps me so much. She's so excited for camp. It is all she's talked about this last month. This will be her 2nd year, guess she's an old pro now!

Madi and Molly also wanted to paint shirts. I thought it would be cute to buy white onesies so they could design one each for Mya. They turned out so cute! Molly put more paint than I've ever seen on a shirt. Hers got stuck to the underneath cardboard. So now baby Mya not only has a onesie designed by Miss Molly, but a little bit of cardboard to go with it! :) Thinking she'll have to wear an extra onesie under Molly's! The next day Molly wanted to paint again, and luckily I had bought some extra white kid Tshirts. Another fun morning of painting! Kenize also painted a onesie for Mya last week.

Wednesday we met our friends, the Coopers, at the neighborhood pool and spent about 4 hrs. just relaxing. Molly and her friend Reese loved the baby pool. They are the best of friends and have so much fun together. I didn't take photos of the older kids all playing together, but just know I think they drove everyone at the pool crazy with their Cannonballs. Becky and I were laughing because they were killing the mood for some sun bathing teens. Too funny!

That evening I took the girls to a Sibling Class. Prepares them to be big sisters! Kenzie and Madi took this class before Molly was born. I wanted Molly to take it, but knew she would only sit there if Madi was with her(Kenz came, but was too old to participate in the class, cut off is age 9). I was a little worried about how Molly will handle Mya when the teacher asked them to pick up their babies and I saw Molly doing this.........Yes, poking at the baby's eye!! HA!!

After a little bit, Molly brought the doll closer to her

At one point she turned around and gave Kenzie and I the thumbs up sign. Wish I had taken that picture. It was too cute!




Coloring for a picture for Mya!







Can you see Kenzie's poor eye in this picture? Poor girl! Her allergies have been absolutely awful the last few weeks. Her eye swelled up so bad on this day and she was miserable. She's take Singulair every morning, but I don't think it's helping. Each day is full of sneezing, itchy throat, watery eyes, and just not fun to deal with. Praying that she does OK at Girl's Camp this week. Of course I think she'll still have fun even with those darn allergies!










Thursday evening I got a much needed Pedicure. Took Molly with me, and she stood at the polish colors and proceeded to ask me what every color was. She would say "Mommy, what color is that?" pointing to the color. I would usually answer right to which she said "Good Job". Sometime I would guess it wrong on purpose just to hear her say, "No, silly, that not (the color I said), it's (she would say the right color)". She is just too cute at this age!

Friday night Kenz went babysitting, Jer worked in the basement(new pics coming), while Madi, Molly, and I met our friends, the Mair's, at the pool.

Saturday I got my hair done. It was in desperate need for highlights. Sat there for almost 5 hrs. AAAAHHH!!! Me and my thick hair that takes FOREVER!!! Sad thing is, she didn't let my top roots process long enough, so I need to call and have her redo the tippy top!

Came home and we worked like crazy!!! I decided to get rid of all cardboard boxes(those silverfish pests love cardboard)! I bought tons of bins, and the girls and I unpacked every single box that Jer had brought to my room from the basement. Found many toys we had never unpacked from the move. It was like Christmas morning for Madi and especially Molly who had never seen many of them! Molly especially loves the Loving Family Doll House. She played with it for 4 hours straight on Saturday.

Jer took a much needed break from the basement Saturday evening. We all went to dinner at Chipotle (I got the burrito bol without the rice and my blood sugars were fine with that)! We then shopped for carpet only to be disappointed that where we planned on buying it didn't have padding that we wanted, and their installation price was insane! We need to find a place that sells the wonderful thick padding we put in our Utah basement.

Well, that was our week! This week is crunch time as next week, I'll be having a baby!!! HOLY COW!!!!! Last night my friends held a Baby Shower for Baby Mya. It was wonderful, and I'm excited to post about it!!! We're having another busy week!

2 comments:

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Wow... I don't know how you keep up with your girls! You guys are always doing fun stuff and going in a million directions it seems! I love the picture of Molly poking the baby's eye out! ha ha SO FUNNY!
That is awesome that you got all the boxes unpacked and into containers... I bet you are feeling good getting your house into order for Mya to come.
That was such a cute idea to have the girls design onsies for Mya- I bet they just had so much fun! I can't wait to see pictures of her wearing them!:)
I hope Kenz is having a great time at camp! I am glad that she loves yw's so much!
Keep the pictures coming! WE love ya!

Laurel said...

Can't wait to see baby Mya! You are always busy, but doing so many fun things. Good luck with delivery.