Hugged the girls and my mom goodbye, reminding them to be at the hospital in an hour.
It felt unreal driving to the hospital to deliver our 4th daughter. Seemed the nine months had just flown by at that point! The hospital has valet parking for maternity patients, so we dropped the car off, and headed in. My emotions got the best of me. The tears began. Just still couldn't believe it was time. The doors opened to the maternity ward, and we checked in at 3:10pm. Our nurse took us to our room, welcomed us, handed me my robe, and said "Let's get going! Change into this, and I'll be back to prep you". AAAHHH!!! I kept thinking I couldn't believe this day was finally here!
Climbed into the bed, my IV was started, and monitors hooked up.
My mom arrived with the girls at 4:15pm.They were so excited when they came in the room.
Molly looked very concerned about me. I had her climb on the bed for a hug. She wanted to hug Mya!
Molly loved the bassinet for Mya. She wanted to look at everything.

Jer took a quick nap!
The favorite toy....the hand balloon.
My friend Sue arrived to sit with the girls while Jer, mom and I were in the surgery.
Miss Molly enjoyed a snack
One last picture with my girls.
One last family picture as a family of five!
My nurses came in at 5:05 with the surgery attire for myself and Jer.
They took me to the operating room, and I had my Spinal. Not bad at all. They talked me through the entire thing, and I felt some pressure and a burn. I squeezed the snot out of the nurses hand. During I asked her if my mom could come in. She said it depended if I was a good patient or not. HUH???? She wanted to see how I responded to the Spinal and meds she was giving me. I became very nauseous, but she was able to put quick meds in my IV for that. Guess I was a good patient because I then heard her page my recovery room saying to send Dad, and the Grandma in. I was so happy they could both be in the room.
I teared up when they walked in. Mom took this picture of me as she came in the room.
Mya was situated odd, and it took some work to get her out. There were a few seconds where I couldn't breate. It was a little scary. The pressure on my chest was harsh. It was quick, and I could tell the minute they go Mya out, as I could finally take a good breath. 5:37pm Mya let out a huge scream, I looked at Jer, and the tears began. Then Dr. Bishop said "Here she is" and held her up for me to see. Loved that moment!
They took her aside to check everything. Jer asked me if he could go look at her. Guess I was not letting go of his hand! :) We were all surprised by her weight, 6lbs 14.3oz. I've never had a baby that small. Of course, she was two weeks early!
They brought Mya over to me so I could get a wonderful look at her, and to give her some Mommy love!Meeting her daddy!
My face cracks me up in these pictures. I was just so happy!My mom holding Mya for the first time
Jer laid his cell phone by me so my dad, sisters, and my mother in law(who were all on 3way) could tell me congratulations.
Dr. Bishop saying Hi to Mya, and telling us she was absolutly "PERFECT"!

We totally agree!

Around 6:20 everything was done, and they took us to the recovery room.
McKenzie, Madilynn, and Molly were right there in the room as Mya and I were wheeled in.
It was wonderful watching them get their first glimpse of their new baby sister. It's just how I wanted it to be! My friend Sue holding Molly
Dr. Bishop came in to do a quick check on me, looked at Mya and said "You two make great baby girls!" HA! The guy cracks me up!
If you're a nursing mother, they like to get the baby latched on asap. So here is me having help nursing Mya the first time. Mya is a pro nurser, and needed no help at all!
Mya getting a heart and temperature check

It was then time for Mya's first sponge bath. The girls loved watching.

Also, look close and you will now see Molly is wearing a blue hair bow. She wouldn't keep a bow in her hair that day for more than a few minutes. She kept pulling them out Luckily I had a few on hand and would tell them to hurry and put another one in her hair to keep it off her face. We went from pink bow, to no bow, to blue bow, to blue clip!! HELLO!!!! Miss Molly is such the silly girl!
Now all nice and clean, Mya sat under the warming lights for a bit

Time to move! The parade to our post-partum room!
Our friends the Mair's came just after we got to the new room. They had been so excited to meet baby Mya!
They also brought us a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I had mentioned at my baby shower that the first thing I wanted to eat after delivering Mya was a KK doughnut. Hadn't had any since diagnosed with the diabetes. So sweet of them to bring those! The girls were thrilled! My mom opened the blinds to find it had rained, and discovered this beautiful rainbow right outside my hospital window!
After the Mair's left, the girls were able to finally hold their new baby sister! Molly was dying to hold her. We all agreed she should go first. She was completely in LOVE, as were Kenzie and Madilynn!


Daddy with his 4 beautiful daugthers
With my four daughters
Molly giving Mya tons of Big Sister Love!
Gammy & Mya
Our family of Six
"Children are an heritage of the Lord" (Psalms 127:3).
Knowing Jer and I have brought these four beautiful Daughter's of God into this world amazes me everyday! May they always know the love we have for each of them, and how thankful we are to our Father in Heaven for letting us be their earthly parents.








8 comments:
Jill... I just loved this post! It made me get teary eyed... I just love all of the sweet pictures with Sweet Little Mya. My favorite ones are the last two with Jer kissing You and Mya. So tender! You look so beautiful after just giving birth! You glow! Congrats on such a beautiful addition to your family! We love her already! (Blakelee kept saying "Hi Day-dee (baby) and waving at the computer when I showed her these pictures of Mya. She loves her new cousin!)
I loved reading this. I must admit that I teared up a little as I read it, and especially knowing that she completes your family. I am so happy for ya'll!!! We love you!!!
Such beautiful words, pictures and descriptions of a truly miraculous experience. I am so very happy for you and your terrific family. She is such a sweet baby. Love to all of you!
Jill, I'm cryng too! This is such a beautiful post. What 4 beautiful girls you have. I agree, you and Jer make beautiful, girls! Each one so unique and differnt. I love the gorgeous pics of the girls before you left for the hospital. Kenz and Madi are growing into such amazing young women. Such good girls and so beautiful inside and out. In every pic of Molly I can see her cute little personality and how sweet she is with Mya. I can't wait to see her again. And I love all the pictures of you and Jer and Mya and your Dr. during and after she was born. How precious are those? Mya is so tiny and perfect. We love her so much already. I just loved this post. Thanks for sharing such a special day with all of us. Hope your doing well!
What a beautiful day... I love all your pictures :)
I just witnessed The birth
of a Miricle. How happy I
am to be included in your
Blogg. Mya, pretty baby this is your great Grandma
B. welcoming you to our family. What a beautiful addition you are. You fit rigtht in with the other beautiful " Little Women".
Jill you did a magnificent
Job. We love you all so
much.
Great Grandma B.
Jill, thank you for this beautiful post! I felt like I was right there. Mya is beautiful and I can't wait to hold her. I especially loved the pictures of you and Jer with your four girls and the last picture of all of you. What a wonderful, beautiful family! I love you all so much!
These beautiful girls were blessed with such wonderful parents!! How lucky they are to have you two guide them and protect them here on earth. I know why they chose you, you are wonderful. What a blessed new addition. I love to feel your families love through your blog! lv you
Post a Comment