Mya had a very busy first full day of life! She had many visitors, Dr. checks, pokes, a shot, and many yucky meconium poops!
NOTE: (Don't want to forget anything, so I have a little more detail in my post and some might not enjoy reading it!)
I woke up in awful pain that Thursday morning. My spinal had finally worn off, and I needed pain meds quick. My nurse Wednesday night was not my favorite. She was annoying, and didn't do much for me. Thank goodness for my mom who stayed the night with me. She helped me tons. My legs were sweaty and itchy from the compression sock machine they had on. They put these on you to compress the legs to prevent blood clots after surgery. My nurse finally came and put Toradol in my IV around 7am. Within 30 minutes I felt like I was going to claw my skin off. I was itching like crazy!! Made my mom take my gown, & the compression socks off and scratch the crud out of me. I would yell, "USE YOUR NAILS!" It was actually very funny, but at the moment I felt awful!!! My blood pressure was very low after the surgery so that was being checked often. My blood sugar was very high! I hadn't eaten in 24 hrs.(didn't even get to have a KK doughnut). With a csection they don't let you eat until they hear bowel sounds, and you pass gas! I know, TMI, but that's how it really is! My 8am fasting blood sugar was 153. That is very high as it should have been around 80. I was so worried this was a sign that the diabetes had not gone away. They think it was from the IV fluid which has 5% sugar water in it.
Then came the Benadryl. Got rid of the itches, but made me so tired.
Soon after the that dose, my friend Lindsay came to visit. She brought me the most beautiful colored roses I have ever seen! Love you Linds!!! Hopefully I didn't sound to drugged talking with her!
Jer called saying the girls were ready to come up to the hospital. We had painters at the house for the basement, so my mom went home to clean up and be at the house for a bit, and Jer brought the girls up. Yes, they were back in their Big Sister shirts so I could get a few more pics of them with Mya in her shirt.
Jer and the girls arrived the same time our friends the Cooper's came to visit. It was a full house at that moment! The kids all loved looking at baby Mya! The Coopers also brought a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts! We now had 2 boxes to eat! I had never wanted to pass gas so bad in my life! I was cheering for GAS, so I could eat, especially those doughnuts!!!
Jeff and Becky took all the kids to eat in the cafeteria! So nice of them! My friend Heidi Hale stopped by(forgot to take her picture), would you believe, with another box of a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts!!!! I had to laugh!!! Such thoughtful friends, who all knew how much I wanted those! Love it! Still no gas though, so no doughnuts!!! :)
Mom came back to the hospital and Jer went home for a bit. Mom and I enjoyed watching the girls with Mya! They adore her! I just wanted one cute picture with their shirts. This is what we got! 
I need to get one here at home soon, before Mya gets to big. Maybe one with all of them looking my way! HA!
My legs began hurting that afternoon. New day nurse was worried about blood clots, so off I went to get an ultrasound of my legs. All was fine, just really needed to get moving around. Pain was still bad, and my day nurse was awful! She kept forgetting to give me pain meds!
When we got back to my room they informed us we were moving. The mother/baby ward had been overloaded the day before so we were in the area where mothers stay who are on bed rest, and need to be watched so babies wont come to early. That explains why my nurses were crazy! Guess they were just swamped!
We moved to the mother/baby ward! Kristen, was my new nurse for a few hours until shift change. I told her I needed something for the pain. She got me Demerol. I hate Demerol. There is no other feeling like it. She put it in my IV, and immediately I felt loopy, and heavy. I just wanted to close my eyes and sleep. 5 minutes later Madilynn said "Mom, Bishop Epperson is here." I thought, well hope he enjoys seeing me High!!!! HA!
I did my best to stay awake and focused while he was there.
Our friends the Rogers also came to visit
We visited with Jer's parents on Skype so they could see Mya. I was feeling miserable by this point. I was so bloated from GAS buildup, but unable to pass. I still hadn't walked around at all, except moving over to a chair, and my catheter was still in. I wanted to cry!
The girls and Jer left around 9:30pm to head home. Mom stayed the night with me again.
Then my new night nurse Janet walked in. She said "Jill, I'm your night nurse Janet, Let's get you feeling better!" She removed my catheter, and IV. Had me get up and stretch, and got me crackers and a frozen lemonade. She gave me percocet, and a stool softener! An hour later I was already feeling better, Still hadn't passed gas, but Janet said she'd get me better quick!!! She was truly an answer to a prayer for help!
She also got Mya to take a pacifier. Yahoo!!! I got a good amount of sleep that night, and knew the next day would be better thanks to Nurse Janet!!!
I'm sorry there are not more pics from this day. I just felt so cruddy that day. The next few days at the hospital we took many more!








4 comments:
Yay for more Mya pics!!!! Jill, aren't you so glad that is over?? Today was my 6 week check up and I just kept thinking how grateful I am that it is over adn I am feeling more and more like myself again. So grateful to have a precious new baby, but we sure go through a lot to get them here!!! Love you!
It's so true about nurses, I feel like they can make or break your hospital stay! A great nurse is so, so appreciated! Which hospital did you deliver at? I was at Shawnee Mission and they were overflowing.
You have had me laughing the whole time I was reading your blog. So funny and all those doughnuts and no gas! Love the shirts for the 4 sisters. You were definitely thinking ahead. So glad your mom was there. Emily had the same bad itching reaction after her C-section. Not sure what you both had. Glad you are doing well. Love your blog and I know your girls will love to read it as they grow older and can reminisce about their young lives. Take care and don't over do. You certainly have amazing friends, Bishop, and family.
Love you!
I am glad that you had Nurse Janet! Sounds like she was a life saver. When I had Blakelee, I had a really rude nurse one of the nights and I think Jeff was a little surprised and embarrassed that I just dished it right back to her... I figured- "I am the one that just had a baby- quite being so rude!" I am sure she thought I was a total brat, but who cares! ha ha After that nurse, I was lucky to get really nice ones...
I am so glad that everything went ok after the delivery and that you didn't get blood clots. (even though you were uncomfy for a long time with gas)
I love all the pictures with the girls... Their shirts are darling!
You guys have such nice friends over there... that was so nice for everyone to come visit and bring donuts!
I love all the new pictures of Mya- she is just beautiful Jill!
Post a Comment