Friday, July 2, 2010

Hospital stay

Friday June 18, 2010

Nurse Janet brought Mya in around 4:30 that morning to eat. Mom grabbed my camera and took this cute picture. Too cute how the pacifier was pushing up against Mya's cheek.

Janet got me my percocet, stool softner, and water. Things finally went right and I was given the green light to eat, eat, eat! Even my blood sugar fasting level that morning was perfect, so all was back to normal. Mom piled the doughnut boxes on me.

Janet did say to start out eating something light for breakfast so I wouldn't get sick. My hospital has a room service meal plan. You have a menu and can choose whatever you want from it. I must say the food there is delicious!!! I loved it. I had cereal, toast, choc milk, and a fruit plate that morning. I didn't even eat a doughnut until lunch time, when I knew breakfast had settled and not caused any problems.

Mom with Mya early that morning


Had 2 wonderful day nurses, Patty and Becky! They were so great!

Mom and I dressed Mya in the outfit my neighbor Wendy gave me back in November. I had called her a few days before we left for New York telling her I was expecting. She was over that afternoon holding a gift bag with this darling outfit.

It's a newborn outfit for up to 8lbs and it was still huge on Mya. this day she only was weighing in at 6lbs. 3oz.


Mom went home and brought the girls back up with her. We walked around the halls of the mother/baby ward. It felt great being up and moving. This is the window to the waiting room decorated with apples announcing new babies names and stats.


Miss Molly loved the frozen lemonade(we all did) in the cute kitchen area for the families

...and Molly loved playing with the phone

Sisters



I took a nap with my baby girl

Jer showed up around 4:30pm with a homemade fruit smoothie for everyone.

We all ate dinner



























After dinner snuggle time


A package from Grandma Nancy had arrived in the mail. Jeremy brought it to the hospital and we had such a great time seeing all the wonderful gifts inside. Grandma has been a busy lady. She made a beautiful quilt for Mya, 2 beautiful baby blankets, a fabulous car seat cover, and the most gorgeous blessing dress. I loved every single gift!! Everything was beautiful!


Cozied up with her new quilt Oh how we love this new sweet baby girl!!!

Jer and the girls went home, and mom spent a 3rd night in the hospital with me. Can't say enough about how much my mom helped me. I had nurse Janet again that night. Mom and I both just loved her, she took such great care of Mya and I. Had a great sleep that night!

3 comments:

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

All the pictures are just adorable. I love the one with you and Mya taking a nap! You guys look so sweet together! The girls are all so beautiful and I love seeing pictures of all 4 of them!

Jer- WHAT A GUY!!! Homemade smoothies at the hospital- Doesn't get much better than that! He is such a great dad and husband!

The stuff from Grandma Nancy is darling! I got the pleasure of seeing it come along every time we went over to their house... She has worked so hard and put A LOT of love into all of the things she has made for the new babies this year! She loves her new granddaughters!!!

Jill- You are so good about writing all the details of what happened day by day... You will be so glad down the road that you can read back and remember exactly how each day went. PLUS- I love reading all about it! Keep it coming! :)

I know I am getting a little long winded... BUT- WE ARE SO EXCITED YOU GUYS ARE COMING OUT THIS SUMMER FOR THE REUNION!!!! When I heard yesterday I couldn't quit thinking about how much fun it is going to be. Blakelee will love playing with Molly! I am so excited that we get to meet Mya too... We can't wait! The countdown starts NOW! :) Love you guys!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veronica said...

Such sweet pictures. Your mom is truly an angel and I am sure that she made everything much easier for you and your family. I love the quilt Nancy made. It is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the blessing dress too. The food sounds great. Glad things went well in the hospital. Take care.