Thursday, July 8, 2010

Coming Home

Sunday June 20, 2010


Jer spent that last night in the hospital with Mya and I. Loved waking up on Father's Day Morning having him there in the room with us. Also loved waking up to this cute girl! Jer changed her morning diaper, then went home to attend church with the girls & my mom.

I ordered a delicious breakfast of French Toast! Yummy!

Mya went to the nursery for her final weigh in, and Dr. check. I got cleaned up and got Mya's going home outfit ready. Mya came back and was given a wonderful clean bill of health. She weighed 6lbs 5oz. I was ready to bring her home!!!

Here she is in her going home outfit

The hat was a little too large for her tiny head

After the first hr. of church Jer and Molly came back around 10:45 to get Mya and I. Molly was so excited to bring Mya home.

There were still a few discharge papers to fill out, so we took pictures, and ate lunch before heading home.


















Mya's Car Seat ready and waiting. Isn't the cover Jer's mom made for it fabulous! I LOVE IT!!!



Is she not the cutest little thing you ever did see???? :)
Jer had to prop a blanket under her so the car seat would fit her little body better!
We are given the release at 1:30pm. Let's go home!

My nurse, Patty, pushed me out in the wheelchair. We stopped by the apple wall so Molly could get Mya's apple.

Molly was so excited to finally have Mya sitting next to her. We'd been talking about it for so long and it was fun to finally see the JOY in Molly's eyes sitting by Mya.

So Long to my hospital! What a beautiful day it was to bring our Mya home!




As we came down the street to our neighborhood we could see Kenzie and Madi jumping all around at the entrance waving their signs

Just after I took the above photos as we drove in the girls went running back to the house. That's when Madilynn bit the dust. She slipped on some mud and went skidding on her rear end down the side walk. She began screaming at the top of her lungs, Jer and I are yelling out the window for Kenz to help get Madi up, it was lovely! Kenz helping injured Madi home. Poor Madilynn got cut up pretty good. She slipped in that bit of mud you can see behind them. :(

We drove up to a FABULOUS Welcome Home at the house. The girls and my mom had worked hard the night before and after church getting everything ready! I loved it and of course cried!!!

Madi's poster for Mya

Madilynn still hurt bad from her fall. Her arm and back of her leg were all cut up. Poor thing. I wanted to try getting a family picture, before walking in as a family of six! Madi wasn't thrilled!

Unaware of the Homecoming excitement!

Yes, I cried walking in and seeing this! Loved it!

Molly's poster for Mya! Look close at the top left corner. Can you see Mya's little face Molly drew? I Love it!



Madi said she would try another picture outside. Jer had changed clothes as he felt he was the only dressy one before. I like this one!


Gam and girls


A huge Thank You to my mom and my girls for making Mya's Homecoming so special!!! I will never forget it!


Our family is complete! That feels wonderful and crazy all at the same time. I love this picture of the six of us together waving from our home about to embark on this new adventure with Mya. I love my family and feel so blessed! Welcome Home Baby Mya!!!

6 comments:

Veronica said...

Love the post! What a great way to welcome Mya home. She is much loved and is going to have 4 moms in her life. I can definitely see your mom's touch in all the decorations. She is so talented. I bet your girls love to do all the crafty things with grandma. So glad you are home and that you are enjoying your entire family. Love you, Jill!

Anonymous said...

Jill,

I have to agree with Veronica because mom is very crafty and I know the girls had fun decorating with there Gammy to get ready for Baby Mya and you to come home!!! I love Mya's going home outfit!!! She is so beautiful and can't wait to hold and play with her!!!

Love-JEN

Emily said...

Love all your pictures and posts about Mya!

Laurel said...

II love the welcome home Mya got. It shows how blessed she is to be coming into your family. We are happy for you guys!

Laurel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Cute welcome home for Mya! THat was so sweet of Kenz, Madi and your mom to decorate like that! Too bad Madi turfed it so bad... Poor gal!