Time keeps moving right along.
I had hoped it wouldn't. I have cherished every moment of this newborn stage and it's going by so fast.
My baby girl is really beginning to fill out and not looking like a little peanut anymore.
She's beginning to interact with us and that is so much fun.
I often wonder what she's thinking when we all stand over her saying "Hi Mya" in high pitched voices. Or when we smother her with kisses or scream with delight at a little smile! Hoping she loves it! We call her "Mya", "Mya Girl", the girls sometimes call her "bubs".
Her sister's love to hold her.
Mya is sleeping better! YAHOO!
In the last week she had done so much better. She goes for longer sleep periods in the night now(her favorite length right now is about 3.5hrs, eats, and goes back to sleep). I decided she was getting cold in the night, so along with her snuggly toe covered jams, I put socks on her feet, and thick socks on her hands. She still has her fussy moments, but they are more spread throughout the day now, and not those awful hrs. between 1 and 6am. I feel like the 2nd-4th week of her life is somewhat of a blur. I was getting no sleep at all!
Mya is beginning to be awake for longer time in the day hours, and just loves to look around. She loves laying under this toy and stares at the ball.
Mya went to Sacrament Meeting for church the first time last Sunday. I fed her the first 20 minutes of the meeting, brought her into the Chapel, and she sat awake the entire rest of the meeting just happy as can be. We didn't pay much attention to the speakers as we were all just loving watching her so awake, cute, and getting her to smile!
Molly loves to have her lay down and watch her play doll house. She loves to show her items such as "Mya this is the suitcase" HA!
I love holding her. I don't care if people tell me to put her down. When I read stories like this it makes me want to hug all my girls a million times. Reminds me to make sure I tell them how much I LOVE them and what good they have brought into my life. I'm grateful everyday for their health and safety.
Something we celebrated on her 5 week day was her Glider being finished.
Our old neighbors gave us a wonderful Dutailer Glider in 2008 that they no longer needed. It was in need of being recovered. The cushion was an ugly tan color with bleach stains on it where my neighbor had cleaned up baby puke. So for 2 yrs. I thought if I have another baby I'll just order a new cushion So in Feb. I started looking for a cushion only to realize it would cost over $200 for Dutailer to send a new one. Moved onto getting it recovered. Still expensive. Finally, asked my talented friend Barbie if she could recover the cushions. I found a cute fabric and Barbie went to town. It was a little more labor intensive then she planned, but it turned out fabulous! She dropped it off today. I love it!!!
She also made pillows out of the PBK crib sheet. Love those too!
We are all so excited to have the glider cushions done!
Mya's room is now complete! It is perfect, and such a happy, bright room to be in. I love how it turned out! Pics of the entire room to come soon.
We love our Mya girl even when she's screaming mad!








7 comments:
I am so glad she has brought so much joy to your family! She is beautiful! There is nothing in this world sweeter than a newborn!
Oh she is sooo cute, I love to see her little eyes open just loving her family! Something funny I have noticed in quite a few pictures, is Molly always has a band aid on somewhere :) It makes me laugh. I love your cute family and am happy you are getting a little more sleep lv ya
Jill S- I know! Molly says she has an ouch somewhere on her body everyday so she can wear one! :)
She is getting so big. I can't believe she is already 5 weeks! Holy Cow... times is going by so quick.
Her room looks darling! I love how bright it is... that is how a nursery should be I think. I hate when I see nurseries and they are black and white. (Probably ok for baby since there is a lot of contrast, but personally I like lots of color!)
Can't wait for you guys to get her so we can hug Mya and meet her! :)
Ooopsss..... sorry for the deletes!
She has the cutest lips!! What a wonderful addition to your cute little family!!
Post a Comment