Mom and I woke up around 8am. I had been having Mya stay in the nursery at night and the nurses would bring her to me for feedings. As much as I hated having her away from me, I knew I needed my rest and so I felt OK having her stay in the nursery during the night hours.
Janet came in with Mya, and to say goodbye. I told her how grateful I was for all her help getting back on my feet and feeling better!
My day nurse was Patty again! Also, as a csection patient most stay for 72hrs. but by law you can have 96hrs. in the hospital. So I opted to stay the extra day! I just knew I needed one more day to rest before heading home.
Mom and I dressed Mya up in her leg warmers. Too cute!

Mya is pure beauty!! She truly makes my heart skip a beat!!!!
Mom left for the house and to take the girls shopping for Mya's homecoming decorations. Mya and I napped. I awoke to my nurse coming in my room saying we were under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning and Tornado Watch. It was mendetory that they close all blinds and move any loose free standing chairs from the room. I could see before she closed the blinds it had gotten very dark looking outside. I called my house. The storm was just about to hit them. About 3 minutes later I heard the intercom announcement that we were now under a Tornado warning. My nurse came in asked if I felt like I could walk into the hall and she would push Mya out. During Tornado warnings all patients must be in the hall. It was fun to see all the mom's and their new babies all in the hallways. Wish I would have grabbed my camera to get pics of the crowded halls. This all only lasted about 10 minutes, warnings were called off, and we all went back into our rooms. Made for an interesting, exciting moment!
The girls came up with my mom later in the afternoon, and were so excited to see Mya with her eyes wide open.
Yes, even perfect babies cry!
Snuggle Time
While the girls and gam were out shopping they bought Mya this darling Panda Bear jam's. It was a preemie size,so a little tight, but the best fit we'd had on her yet!
These sisters sure love each other!!!!
Next up, Mya comes home!!!








2 comments:
Cute pictures... those leg warmers are so funny! I have never seen such little leg warmers! She is so tiny! I can't believe she fit in a preemie outfit! Too cute! Sounds like you guys had a pretty exciting stay at the hospital with tornado warnings!
I love that pacifier picture your Mom took on the next post! It's so cute how her cheek is smooshed! Jill, that purple little outfit is TOO CUTE! nd I love the preemie jammies. She looks so snuggly in them! I love her pretty blonde hair. It is so cute in those pics and that is the first picture I have seen of her gorgeous eyes!! Wow! What a little beauty.
Post a Comment