Church Trunk or Treat- Thursday Oct. 29

Friday Oct. 30 was Madi's school Fall Parade and Party. I was in charge of games for her class. Thankfully, Jeremy came to the party to help me, as that morning I received emails that Madi's teacher was sick, the Homeroom Mom was sick, and another gal hurt her back. AAAHH!!! Yes, I was freaked out. Lukily with Jer there(who the kids loved), the sub, and mom's who stayed after the parade, we pulled off a great party. Eating Krispy Kreme off a string, Pumpkin Bowling, and Halloween Bingo were all a hit! Molly just loved eating all of Madi's food!
Madi attended a Halloween party at her friends house across the street that night. I think that event, combined with Trunk or Treat candy, plus school party candy and food led to the event that happened on Saturday. Read on!!!
Halloween Morning we attended the Baptism of our friend, Max.

On the way home from the baptism, Madilynn mentioned her tummy hurt. We got home, changed, and were getting ready to run errands and eat out. Madi said she felt like she was going to throw up. Poor Madi, she slept, moaned, and ached until about 5:00pm when she finally threw up. She said she did not want to Trick or Treat!
So we prepared for to have Kenzie and Molly go out. Obviously Molly isn't a big fan of Halloween.
Introducing Hermione Granger (aka McKenzie)At 6:00 Trick or Treating began! It was a beautiful evening!
Madi came running out of the house saying her tummy was feeling a little better and she wanted to see Jagger(our neighbor, he and Molly are only 2 wks. apart in age)
Jared, Wendy, & Jagger
Madi and I went back to the house to hand out candy. When the neighborhood girls started showing up at the door, Madi decided she was good to go, ran upstairs, changed into Hannah(minus wig) and off she went.
Jer and I took turns walking the neighborhood with friends and the kids. Molly had "Trick or Treat" down. Actually, she would say "Trick or Treat Pumpkin", I guess because her bag had a pumpkin face on it. Of course, Molly never said it at one house, only at home.:) Madi ended up having so much fun out, that she wanted to go more. Thanks Ed and Julie for letting her tag along with your adorable family!!!
At 8:00 it was time to take McKenzie to her first party. Yes, she was invited to two Hallween parties, and I wasn't sure how I felt about that. I'm just used to her being with us on Halloween. She did Trick or Treat with us, but was excited to attend the parties. Took this fun picture when I dropped her off at the first party. She has such good, fun friends!!!
I picked her up at 9:30 and drove her to the other party. Luckily both parties were right around here, so easy enough. Didn't get a picture at the 2nd drop off. She got home around 11:00 and said she had the best time! She's sure growing up!!!:(
....and so comes an end to Halloween 2009.








3 comments:
Such cute kids and yes they do grow up way to fast!
I certainly love reading your blog. You are the ultimate journal keeper. Love that the girls had so much fun for Halloween and also that Maddi felt better. Your party sounds awesome! What great ideas for your games.
They all look so cute! Kenzie looked DARLING as Hermione! That is fun that she has good friends out there! I am glad.... weird that she is growing up so fast!
Post a Comment