It's been a low key week around here. Jer has been in Cincinnati since Sunday, and we are all happy he'll be home tomorrow.
The girls have been doing great, well, until Molly came down with a cold yesterday. She's very sleepy, has snot like I've never seen, and is having a hard time breathing out of her nose. She has still been happy though. She feels a little warm to me this evening and is asleep right now. We have been so lucky not to get H1N1 that has been all around us out here. Kids at the school have been dropping like flies, and are out for a week with super high fevers and awful coughs. I'm so praying this is just a little cold for Molly. We haven't had the H1N1 vaccine yet! Molly did get the regular Flu vaccine shot. Her Doctor said he'd rather her get that then H1N1 vaccine. I'm tired of the conflicting opinions out there. Frustrating! I think the school district is having a clinic soon. I need to check into that.
Kenzie and Madi are doing fabulous in school. I'm so proud of them. Kenzie is busy practicing for her Holdiay Choir Concert, and Piano recital. Madi began meeting with the speech teacher last week to work on her "R" sound. This has been a long time coming. State law says the "R" sound can't be recommended for speech therapy until age 8. Most kids resolve the sound on their own. Madi is always sad that she can't say her R's, so this is exciting to have some outside help for her. She attends speech 2 days a week and already loves it.
Molly and I did a little shopping Monday. Hit the Children's Place Outlet, and scored great deals! Tuesday night while Kenzie was at Piano, the rest of us walked around Target for an hour. Just being in Target makes me happy, I don't know why. Madi and Molly wanted to walk up and down every toy aisle!:) I loved hearing all the mom's say "No, I'm not buying that right now. Put it on your Christmas list".:) Christmas is coming!!!! Yahoo!
I'm planning on going to the St. Louis Temple with my church RS sisters this Saturday. It will be a long day of driving, but worth the effort.
So that's it for now. I haven't taken one picture this week, so no pics with this post. Tomorrow is laundry day, as I've put it off most of the week. Fun for me!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
4 months ago








7 comments:
I LOVE that outlet store!
We have dodged H1N1 so far too, but I am still really nervous and conflicted about it.
Your girls are darling!
I cannot wait for Christmas!! Love this time of the year!
Oh I hope Molly gets better soon!
My brother Tanner had to get help saying his "r" and "l" sounds when he was in elementary school too- The school did a great job with him and he picked it up pretty quick... I hope Madi is doing well with that! Tell all of the girls we love them! We can't wait to see you guys after Christmas!!! I am thinking Blakelee may be walking by then, but we will see... her new thing she does right now is dancing... she dances every time she hears music- especially Christmas music! It is so darling! I can't wait for Molly and her to play when you guys come out! :)
Hey Jill, glad you all are doing well. I think about you all the time. Sounds like you're coming at Christmastime. I'm glad as I'm working on a little surprise for you...
Michelle,
We need to plan a time to get together. I'll email you. Can't wait to see the surprise. You know I always love everything you have ever given me. You are my most crafty friend ever!!! Love ya!
Hope Molly is feeling better and no one else gets it. Girls, thanks so much for helping me with the "info" on The Road to Hana!! It was so fun to talk to you! Especially to hear Molly talk up a storm and Kenz and Madi so cute in the background. We are getting excited for New Years!! Love you all so much!!!
I'm happy that when you called the other day Molly was in a talking mood. That changed quickly. She's been sleeping tonight for about 3 hrs. She fell asleep at 6 and it's now 9pm. The girls are excited to see the Scrapbook you have made of the trip to Hawaii.
Post a Comment