

We left Utah on Tuesday morning July 1st at 7:20 and drove to Champion, Nebraska to spend the night at my Aunt&Uncle's house. We had such a fun time with everyone. It just happened to be the night of my cousin Renee's baby shower. It was so fun to see everyone!

The girls had a great time playing with my cousin's kids, riding the ATV, and are begging me to see them again. Thanks y'all for a fun quick stay.

We arrived home Wednesday evening during an awful thunderstorm. The last 1 1/2hr. was spent driving 20mph on I-70 as rain and hail pelted the car. Scary!! We could hardly see out the windows. We did make it home safe and found all well at our house. It felt strange coming home after being gone for 5 weeks. Jer had come home the 20th-22nd and did a little shopping. The girls found Rock Band for the Wii set up and waiting when they walked in. I then walked upstairs to find a new mattress on our bed. I've decided it's dangerous to leave Jer by himself as most times something new appears.

We were sad to leave Utah. Staying there awhile makes it a little harder to come back here, as we start feeling at home again there. We had such a wonderful time with Jer's family. I hardly had time to blog but will try over the next few days to post about our time there. It was fun seeing family and friends, but there were many I didn't get to see. I'm so sorry for those I missed seeing. I look forward to visiting with you next time.

We had a nice low key 4th of July. We took the kids to the movies. Jer and Kenz saw Indiana Jones,and Madi, Molly and I saw Kit Kittredge(American Girl Doll movie). We went over to Babies R Us after to get all the fun baby safety gear. We now have gates on stairways, and plug covers all over. Came home for awhile so I could unpack more and Jer mowed the lawn. We went out to Legends for dinner and fireworks. Ate Panera Bread dinner, then sat at the fountains thinking there was supposed to be a live band playing. It wasn't until we decided to leave that we realized the band was at the other end. Oh well!! We didn't want to wait until 9:30there for the fireworks so we drove to Shawnee Mission Park and enjoyed the fireworks show!!


Last night we went back out to Legends to see another live Jazz band perform. The place was packed, and we had such a nice time. Jer got Panera Bread to go(can you tell we love that place), and we ate by the fountains. Today I enjoyed seeing friends at church, totally messed up leading music is RS since it's been five week(who am I kidding I always mess up),came home, ate lunch, and then Molly and I took a much needed 3 hr. nap. I'm excited to relax by the pool this entire next week!!
4 comments:
Jill, so glad you made it back home safely. I'm sorry you were welcomed back with such horrible weather, but at least you made it there. =) I'm sorry we never did get together this trip, but it was good to at least be able to see your sweet girls and to give you a hug. That Molly is just about as darling as they get. =)
p.s. Jon and Nancy, if you are reading this, Your yard is absolutely beautiful this time of year. It is one of the most beautiful yards that I pass in the early mornings, and I actually look forward to running past your home. =) ~Melinda =)
Jill, I LOVE Panera Bread. It was such a special treat to go there while we were living in Lafayette. They had one right on the campus at Purdue. We just barely got on out here not too long ago. Yeah! Glad you guys got home safe and enjoyed a nice 4th!
I bet you will need a week to rest up from your vacation. So glad you made it back safely. Yikes looks like quite a storm. I hope we can get together next time.
So happy you're back! We need to get together soon. Hope you are settled back in and doing well. See you soon!
Post a Comment