Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday Madilynn Hope!!!!!










Madi was born at 12:09am July 29,2001 after 2 hrs. of hard labor, and then another 3 hrs. of hard awful pushing. She was stuck and was helped into this world with a vacuum(came off twice), and 2 other people lying across my belly pushing down on it with all their might. It was awful, and she came out BLUE!!!! I didn't know this until I saw the video a day later. Her Apgar was 1!!! I just wanted to hear her cry. I kept asking why isn't she crying, and everyone just kept reassuring me all was well. Madi bounced back and in a few minutes her Apgar score upgraded to an 8. She was so alert, and stayed awake the next 2 1/2 hrs. I was so happy to finally hold her. She was so cute! We had a room full of family and everyone loved her so much, especially big sister McKenzie. Oh how Kenz loved her new baby sister. Those first moments when Kenz saw her are precious memories to me. I loved watching how Kenz would be so protective of Madilynn. Madi thinks Kenz is the best big sister ever! Kenz is still so watchful of Madi and I'm so grateful for that, especially at school.



I have loved watching Madi take on the big sister roll to Molly. Madilynn loves her so much. Molly adores Madi and lights up whenever she sees her.











(photo Disney World Oct. 2004)Madi is so much fun and I love watching her play. She has a wonderful imagination. Madi has always loved playing dress up, and playing barbies. She also loves her American Girl doll, and wants to take her everywhere. Madi loves school, and is excited for 2nd grade. I love how excited Madi gets before any vacation. She especially loves going to Texas and Utah to see grandparents. My favorite vacation with Madi is anything Disney. She loves all things Disney. Our first trip to Disney World in 2004 was just magical. She loved all the princess's and was so excited to meet them. She actually loved all the characters and was just smiling and so happy our entire trip. It was wonderful!! Madi has the cutest laugh and smile!!!




Madi you have blessed our family. I love your sweet, funny personality! You always want to choose the right, and make sure others do as well. I love the words to the song "Who Will I Be?" You have a world of possibilities Madilynn, you will choose what to make of those. Keep being the wonderful girl you are, and the possibilities will be endless!!!! Daddy and I love you, and are so happy you were born this day 7 years ago. Have a very Happy Happy Birthday!!!


7 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Madi. You are such a darling girl. HOpe you have a wonderful day.

Mindy M. said...

Happy Birthday cute little Madi!! Everytime I pull up your blog, Ashlyn runs right over and knows that it's you and Madi. She loved playing with Madi when you watched her and I am so grateful I had you for the short time!! Have a great day Madi!!

Coops said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! What fun memories you guys are creating. Happy birthday Madi! We'll have to celebrate your b-day when you get back!

Anonymous said...

I hope this comes through. It was giving me problems last night.

Happy B-day Madi. I am so sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate in person. I hope you had a great day with mom, sisters and everyone else. I am so proud of you and love you very much.

I am excited to go to Fiesta Texas on Friday with you.

Have a great day love Daddy!!

steve and lisa said...

Happy B day Madi! Hope you have a wonderful day! The Jones Family

Char said...

Happy Birthday, Madi! 7 years already? Holy Cow!

Melisa said...

Happy Birthday Madi! I hope all your wishes come true!