Sunday, July 27, 2008

Houston...We Have a Problem!!!

Jer was in Houston this week for work. The girls and I drove the quick 3 hr. drive from San Antonio to Houston Friday afternoon to meet up with him. Saturday we went to the Johnson Space Center. We had the best time. We toured the Astronaut Training Facility and Mission Control. Both were so amazing!! We watched movies of all the many space trips. We enjoyed the Flight Landing simulator, and the Space Artifact Museum. Loved that we touched a moon rock. Enjoyed learning about the future of space travel and the new rocket being built for Astronauts when the Space Shuttle is retired. What a great place. Everything was so enriching to learn about! We loved it. The entry area has 2 fun play places. Jer, Kenz and Madi all tried the trapeze swing. I was taking photos but wish I had video, seeing them swing and slip right off was so funny. Jer's landing made me laugh so hard. Radio Disney was also there with a Camp Rock Dance party. The girls loved that!! What a fun day!

Saturday night we made it back to the hotel in time to see the second showing of the Hannah Montana 3D concert!!!

Today we went to the beach in Galveston. The sand was soft, the ocean water warm, but so brown. Kids wondered why it wasn't gorgeous blue like Hawaii! We found tons of sea shells, and enjoyed playing in the sand. Molly decided she loved the sand. She was crawling all over, then decided she enjoyed eating it!!!

What a great fun family weekend we had!

7 comments:

The White House said...

Wow, Ok are you ever coming home. I think Jer just needs to buy you a RV so you can live in it and travel!! Sounds like you are still having so much fun. Love your updates.

Ashley said...

And why you didn't mention the awesome Clone Wars displays is beyond me!!!? The boys almost died when we saw the pictures! We are so excited for that movie. What a great day! It looks so interesting. I would love to take the kids there one day. I LOVE the pics of Jer and Kenz on the trapeze thing. So funny. Looks like a fun day at the beach too! Glad you could meet up with Jer and have some family fun!!!! Love you guys!

Jill said...

Ash,

I was so tired getting this posted last night totally forgot to mention Clone Wars exhibit. It was cool. I knew they would be excited for the photos. I should have taken more photos of that exhibit for them. We were in a hurry to get on the next tour.

Char said...

Jill, I am so amazed by you! How do you have the time to DO all these fun things...AND post about the adventures? Is that little one really occupying that much of my day? (I enjoy him like he is, but I don't 'feel' that busy)
How fun, anyway.

Veronica said...

Jill, that sounds like a great weekend. I think the trip to the space center would be so amazing. I am sure the girls really enjoyed it too. Glad you could have a weekend with Jeremy and the girls all together. Have fun and be safe.

Katie Voorhees said...

I am so jealous that you went to Houston! I haven't been home in almost 2 years, now that my parents are in Denver! How fun for you guys!

Linds said...

Wow, so fun! Mat and I loved the Space Center as well. It gets me so excited for when my boys are a little older and really enjoy it. The beach pictures are so fun too! I laughed when you talked about the brown water. That is totally Galveston. Not the same as HI or CA for that matter, but fun nonetheless. Glad you are having such a great time.