The girls and I attended my parents church ward yesterday minus my parents because.... Dad was just made the Branch President over the new Serviceman's Branch on Fort Sam Houston Army Base!!! My mom was made the Relief Society President for the Branch. This is going to be such a neat calling for them and very challenging. All of the servicemen/women who attend are here for Army training(looks like the LVN program keep people the longest). So there is not much stability, never knowing how many you will have in attendance. Mom had 3 ladies in RS with her yesterday. One girl was 18(just joined the military) and from Olathe, KS. How crazy is that!! I don't know how these young girls can join the military(hard life in the beginning), unless you come in as an Officer, but still hard. She sleeps in a huge open room with 64 other women. Oh my, I could never do that!!! Sharing a room with sister growing up, and roommates in college, thinking of dealing with 64 in one area, no thanks!!! Cat fights I'm sure!!! Another girl was down here with her husband and 2 yr. old son. She and her husband are both Active Duty, and can't live together during training. She lives in base housing with their son and hubby lives in the barracks. They only get to see each other at church on Sunday. Crazy! Anyway, my parents are very excited and nervous about this new adventure. Good Luck Mom and Dad!!! You will do great!
3 comments:
The Lord couldn't have called two better people in that branch than your parents. They will relate so well to the military members and they will be a huge support. I am so happy to hear of their callings What a huge responsibility. They are the best. Will Jenny go the branch or stay in her ward? Hope your trip is going well. Please tell your parents congratulations and that I know they are exactly where they should be. Love to all.
Post a Comment