Friday, September 24, 2010

YESTERDAY was a Good Laugh

Yesterday, at 11:45, Molly, Mya, Jer and I were leaving the house so we could be at the school for our noon meeting with Madi's Speech teacher. The garage came up, and Jer backed out.


CRUNCH!!!!


Jer backed my car up right into his car. He had his car parked outside and instead of pulling in front of the little garage door the night before he pulled in front of the large one, and forgot his car was there. My back met his front! Lovely!



















Madilynn started Speech classes December 2009 to fix her "r" sound. She says her "r" sound perfect now, and the meeting was to sign off that we agree she no longer needs Speech services. I never knew all one had to go through to have a Speech program. It's a big deal! I loved Madi's Speech teacher. Madi loved going to speech! She's so happy to have her "r" sound perfect, but sad to leave Speech class.

As we were leaving the meeting and walking by the school cafeteria I was telling our wonderful Speech teacher about Molly and the marker tops. Molly had been coloring on Wednesday afternoon. She decided it would be fun to put all the marker tops on her fingers. No big deal, until that night when at bedtime she would not take them off. She went to sleep holding her hands against her chest to safeguard her marker cap fingers. In the morning she awoke crying because a few had come off in the night. We found them in her sheets, and she put them right back on her fingers. At 11am I needed her to take a bath so she'd be ready to leave for the meeting. She would not take the marker caps off. She took a bath but wouldn't put her marker cap hands in the water. It was too funny! Jer came up and slowly talked to her about how we really needed to clean her fingers. She finally said OK, and took the caps off. Her fingers had marker color all over them. Molly then began to yell that her fingers were bleeding and to wash them off! All I could think of was Lady Macbeth yelling in the play "Out, damn'd spot!" :) Jer got most of the marker off, and Molly has not asked for them at all. Thank goodness! Thought we were going to have our very own "Edward Sissorhands". HA! Molly Markerhands!



Anyway, I was telling the Mrs. Waddington about this while holding Mya face foward. I picked up my right hand and wiggled my fingers showing how Molly would proudly wiggle her marker cap fingers and Mya let out the biggest laugh! A real laugh! I screamed "Oh my goodness, Mya is laughing", and yelled for Jer and Molly to hurry up by us so they could hear. It was so cute!!!! I wish I would have had it on video! Her first laugh!!! So fun! That laugh made me forget all about the car damage! :)

I'm not really sure what made Mya laugh. We think it was my fingers waving in front of her. :) I scared her a bit with how excited I got!

Jer took Molly, and I out for lunch to Jason's Deli! Yummy!


Last night we attended an Award Ceremony at McKenzie's school. 8th grade students who kept a 3.8 to 4.0 grade average last year here honored. They wanted to give the awards now so the kids would feel encouraged to keep up the good work. So proud of McKenzie and her efforts to always do great in school!

Girl's being silly during ceremony. Mya loves for us to hold her up and let her lean back and forth. Molly wouldn't sit still, and Madilynn was trying to make Mya laugh. I'm sure everyone just loved us!




Gotta Love Miss Molly waving those clean fingers!!!

What a day!!!

PS.... I got my braces off on Sept. 16th. Taking them off was slightly worse then getting them put on. OUCH!!! I'm so happy with the end result, so after 21 months of them on....it was so worth it!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Your girls are darling! Sorry about the little car incident!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Too bad about the car!!! That is always such a bummer when things like that happen!!!
That is great that Madi is all done with speech class... My brother Tanner had to do the same thing to help him say his "r" sound... I do miss hearing him say his name though- Tanner Birch- pretty cute with him not being able to say the "r" sound! ;)
Kez- great job with grades!!! Keep up the good work!!
Molly cracks me up with! I love it! She is such a little opinionated little thing- she knows what she wants!!! ha ha I love her!
Mya is so darling! I wish I could have seen and heard her first laugh! I remember the first time Blakelee laughed, I had to do a double take kind of- I almost thought I imagined it! ha ha

njepperson said...

I'm so sorry about the cars. Did I tell you about the time shortly after we were married? I was backing out of Grandma and Grandpa Jepperson's carport (we were living downstairs) and I backed into the the support pole holding up the carport??? The whole carport almost fell down!! Well, that was just one of my many car experiences! We all know there are more!! Kenzie, I am so proud of you! Molly, what an experience with those marker lids! So cute. She will love reading this when she get older! Madi, congratulations on your completion of speech! Mya, you are growing so and now you're laughing! And Jill, you smile is BEAUTIFUL! Jer, what a beautiful world you live in...you are so blessed!

Michelle said...

Just dropped in to say "hi". I loved getting caught up on your goings-on since we last talked. Sorry about the cars but it's good to see that you have a good attitude about it.

I want some serious close ups of those teeth! You deserve it.

Joy Marie said...

Great post!! Loved reading. I will now go to bed with a huge SMILE on my face...