Sunday, September 26, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I had to share this photo. On Sept. 2nd we had a storm. I walked out the front door to leave for Back to School night(Yes, odd but Madi's school has Back to School night 2 weeks after school starts) and saw this beautiful full rainbow.


My parent's, and sister, Jenny, arrived to our home on Friday night Sept. 3rd, around 8pm. This was Dad's first time seeing Mya.

























Joy, Harley, Bryson, and Billie arrived Saturday, Sept. 4th, around 3pm. Molly and Cousin Bryson meet for the first time.

Bryson is so cute and such a sweet Baby Boy!

We took this picture for his daddy! What can I say, when the boy has all girl cousins he's going to have to like playing with Barbie! :)

Bryson loved shaking her upside down. HA!


Harley was so excited to be here with her cousins. Madi and Molly wasted no time showing her the dress up clothes, and they had a great time putting on a performance for their Aunt Jenny.






















Jenny took this video of them dancing with her camera. I didn't even know this was happening in the basement. Wish they would've turned on more lights so you could see the girls better.




Grandma & Grandpa J, and Uncle Jeff arrived around 4:30pm.


We had pizza for dinner, visited, and then called it a night since we had an early morning for Mya's Blessing.

Our church is just up the street from our house. Here is how Jer drove home with Madi and Harley. So safe!

After Mya's blessing on Sunday we had a delicious lunch at the house prepared by our Mom's and Billie. Joy, Harley, Bryson and Billie left back to Oklahoma after lunch. Harley was so sad to leave. Thank you again for coming!

Pa carried her to the car telling her she would be coming to their house in 2 weeks. That made her feel better.

Cute picture of Jeff, Kenzie, and Madi outside Sunday.

Mom had brought a craft project for the girls to do, making Ghosts. It was fun, messy, and the Ghost's turned out very cute!











We played a very fun game of Apples to Apples. Who knew both our Mom's were so competitive!!! HA!


Around 6:30 that night I realized I hadn't even thought what to do for dinner. We decided to have breakfast for dinner.



We had a Wii Bowling Tournament with everyone that night. Jer barely beat me, but oh, was he so excited!!! His victory dance was one of a kind!


Labor Day
My mom flew back home on Monday morning Sept. 6th (love you Mom, Thank You again for being here). Dad & Jen dropped her off at the airport, then they went to visit family we have in Missouri, for a few days. They were able to see Dad's Aunt Opal & Uncle Howard, mom's brother Wayne, Dad's Brother (& wife) Rex & Joyce, my cousin Ryan's wife Tiffany, her daughter Rhexx, and my cousin Erin's daughter, Harper. Dad and Jen came back to my house on Wednesday the 7th.























Jer, his dad, Jeff, and Kenzie went golfing, while Grandma Nancy and I took the Madi, Molly and Mya to the Mall to see the American Girl Doll store. So excited to have our own store here now! We all met back up at the house, then went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner that night.





























Grandpa and Grandma enjoyed some Mya time.
We had another Wii Bowling tournament, then called it a night.

Tuesday morning they were up bright and early the next morning to leave for Ohio. Love you and Thank You again for coming.




























Jer flew to Costa Rica on Wednesday Sept. 8th, to spend 8 days on business there. He's got some great video from his trip on Facebook. Check it out! Around 2pm that afternoon, I called my dad to see if he and Jen could come back a little early from their visit with family to come help me at the Dr. office. Poor Molly was so sick!!! I mentioned how sick she had been in an earlier post. I knew I would need help with her since I would have Mya with me as well. After testing positive for Strep, Molly received a Penicillin shot and was already feeling better the next day! Yahoo! Thanks Dad for helping there!

Dad attended Grandparent's Day at Madilynn's school on the 9th. He had fun eating lunch with Madilynn.


















My Dad did many projects around the house the days he was here. He put up the new blinds in my Dining Room, he fixed a few squeaky doors, he cleaned my car inside and out, and he cleaned my garage. The garage was a huge mess from all the cutting of wood for the basement. Thanks so much Dad! It's so nice to park in there again!









On Saturday, we did things around the house, then ventured out. Dad wanted to stop at Bass Pro Shop to buy new boots. He loves that store. Well, really, we all do! It's super fun!


























Madi really wanted Pa to see the American Girl Doll. Oh boy, did we have fun! Pa had us all laughing!
Love when Dad asked an employee if there was an American Boy store! HA! HA!






















Having fun with Googly Eyes





























Dad and Jen went to church with us on Sunday Sept. 12th, ate lunch with us then said Goodbye! Thanks Jenny and Dad for a wonderful visit!













Such a fun week, and great memories!

7 comments:

Todd and Megan said...

Can't believe how big Mya is getting...she is so cute! I love the pictures of your dad...he is so funny!

Joy Marie said...

LOL!! The pics w/ Dad are cracking me up! I love PA so much!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

What a fun visit for you all! That was so fun that Jeff and mom and dad were able to stop on the way out to Ohio to be there for the blessing.
I love all the pictures of your dad with the girls- He is such a fun grandpa for them!!! Love the googley eye pictures!
I love the movie of the girls dancing- Madi is quite the little dancer!!!!!!!! She can move! LOVE IT!
Looking at this post made me so excited for Christmas so we can all be together and hang out again! It is going to be so fun! I can't wait! What day do you guys fly out?

Anonymous said...

Makes me laugh when I see these pictures!!!! Great Memories!!!

love-Jenny Watkins

Veronica said...

What a great post. You could do a whole book with that post it is so precious and funny. Rick always cracks me up. What a great guy! So fun that Jeff and Ashley could be there for the blessing on their way to dental school. Brady was just called to serve in the Columbus, Ohio temple once a month on Saturday. Laurel will have to go along and they can visit Jeff. Hope you are doing well. Love you!

njepperson said...

Love, love, love these pictures! That was just one of the funnest visits ever! So special because of Mya's blessing but I haven't laughed that much in a long time. (Try, darn-it, try!) What special memories!

Jill said...

I know! Jeff had us all laughing hard that night! Too funny! Aren't you so excited for Leprechaun Dental to open in a few years!!! HA!