Yesterday, August 18th, was McKenzie's first day of 8th grade and was also the day she officially became a "TEEN", as it was her 13th Birthday. She was so excited yesterday morning for school and her bday!
There was a cute Happy Birthday balloon and Harry Potter Clue game for her to see when she came downstairs.
Madilynn woke up for school just as Kenzie was leaving to get on the Jr. High bus and gave her a birthday hug.
The prettiest 13yr. old I know!
She looked so cute in her outfit!
She came home saying she'd had a great first day. She was excited to tell me that her friends had decorated her locker with ribbon, balloons and a Happy Birthday sign. Love her cute friends for doing that!!!
I had her open the special gift I add to every year.
Her James Avery Charm Bracelet. This year I added the tennis racquet charm. She loves playing Tennis.
I start a bracelet for each daughter on their first birthday. I need to post pics of Madi's and Molly's. I'm excited to buy Mya her first charm next year.
Jeff brought the kids over to wish Kenzie a Happy Birthday! Love the Coopers!!
Our neighbors brought over delicious Brownies for her. Forgot to take a picture.
McKenzie had Piano lessons at 5:15 to 6pm. We picked her up after lessons and she chose Red Robin for her birthday dinner. Her friend Briel is a hostess there.
Jer and I started laughing when Kenzie announced she was thrilled to now be ordering from the Adult menu. She wasn't happy when the waiter brought her Root Beer out in a kiddie cup. He must have read her mind, because he brought her first refill out in a big glass, or an adult glass as Kenzie called it. :)
All during dinner we would bring out a gift for her to open.
Gifts from Madi, Molly and Mya
Sisters
Baby Mya wasn't in the picture because she was passed out the entire dinner
Next up......
Now she just needs the Ipod Touch
So excited!
Good Times!
We are so proud of our TEENAGER and think she's AWESOME!
We left Red Robin at 7:45. McKenzie asked me to drop her off at the church so she could attend the last half of the Youth activity. The youth were pulling the weeds in the church landscaping last night. Kenzie jumped out and got right to work!
The youth all sang Happy Birthday to her, and her sweet friend Lucy made her this cute cake to bring home!
Mya was finally awake so I got a quick shot of the 4 beautiful sisters together before bedtime
I love ending with this picture. Kenzie, you are such a wonderful example to your younger sisters! They look up to you and love you so much! You are such a Beautiful Daughter of God inside and out! You are doing Extraordinary things in your life and making good choices. We are all so proud of you! Congrats on becoming a TEENAGER!!! We love you! Happy Birthday and hope this is a great school year for you!








7 comments:
Happy Birthday Kenz
Happy Birthday Kenz. She is so beautiful! I love all the pictures! I love the last picture the n=most though... All the girls are so beautiful! We miss you guys!
Happy birthday to a very wonderful, talented and amazing TEENAGER! She really is a gem. Glad Kenzie had such a great birthday. I do love the picture of your 4 girls together too. Sweet!
I am glad Mckenzie had such a wonderful birthday!!!! She sure is becoming such a beautiful young women and can't believe she is offically a teenager!!!! I love the picture also with the four sister's together!!!!
Love-Jenny
Just like you I can't believe how time flies! You have a young woman now and such beautiful girls!! You are a amazing mom and such a good example! lv ya
Thats funny! Savannah hates ordering off the kids menu and can't wait until she is 13 so she can get off the kids menu too. However, I'm going to get it as long as I can. Most of the time she doesn't even finish the kids size meal so there is no way I'm paying out that kind of money for an adult meal. :-)
Jill, I must have missed this post and just came across it today. Don't ask me why, but it made me cry?! I just love Kenzie so much. She is such a special girl and an amazing example for not only her little sisters but for my boys too. We love you so much Kenz.
Post a Comment