Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Maui Day 5

We attended church(sacrament meeting) in Maui on July 19th.




After the meeting, we took a few pictures then got in the van to leave. Then realized my father in law had walked off. We were sitting in the van, and Grandpa had the keys, so it was getting hot in the van. Where in the world did he go? Well, he went back inside the church for a second and met a lady who was so sweet. My father in law told her we were visiting and the lady explained how she woke up that morning and felt like she should make 7 leis (She does this every Sunday, but the amount they make vary). She had her husband go into their backyard and pick the most beautiful flowers to make the leis. They made all 7 before the 9am church meeting. She met my father in law, and it was amazing when she learned there were 7 of us traveling together. She said they leis were for us. Such a neat story.
He came walking toward the van with the most beautiful lies. They smelled amazing!!! We had to get photos wearing them back at the resort. Thinking about it now, I wish we'd all gone back into the church to say Thank You and to get her picture.








Sitting in the beautiful lobby. Can we be done with photos, please?

No,just a few more off the balcony of our rooms.
Thought I had a kissing one of Jer and I, but guess I don't. :(

It was such a beautiful day in Maui. A perfect day for The Road to Hana!!! It's a post all on it's own.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Your trip sounds amazing. I love how you do each day separately. I love all the pictures!

Joy Marie said...

Jill--
What a neat story about the leis!!!! Lov the pics!!!