Friday, August 28, 2009

Aloha, Waikiki Beach!

July 21st

We flew from Maui back to Oahu arriving around 1:30pm. We got settled into our hotel.

Enjoyed the view.

We stayed in the same room where Jer's work had put us up in the year before. This year there was new decor in the room, very cute! We love this room! It has 2 separate full bathrooms, living room, wet bar, bedroom, and 3 balconies(2 off living room, 1 off bedroom) My parents had the room adjacent to ours. The kids loved going out and saying Hi to Gam and Pa on the balcony.

The girls went shopping, my father-in-law went for a run, and Jer went back to the airport to pick up my Mom and Dad who had flown in from San Antonio. It was so fun to have our parents there together for 2 days. My mom and dad were super excited to be in Hawaii. It was their first visit ever! I forgot to download the pictures my dad took that first afternoon and evening. His camera broke the next day and never worked again:(

We all got ready and went walking along Waikiki. We got to-go dinner and sat outside listening to a Hawaiian band play. It was great!! I guess I didn't get about 20 of my pictures downloaded from that. :( Not sure what happened. Here is a picture of the garden area where we were at

We then walked over to the International Market to buy jewelry and souvenirs.

We also enjoyed the street entertainment.


It was a fun first day in Oahu!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm trying not to be jealous of your amazing Hawaii trips! :) Amazing.
But the true purpose of this comment is to see if you can steer me in the direction of the receipe for the salsa you gave us for Christmas a few years ago. Do you have any recolection of it? Kevin LOVED it- really, he has talked about it everytime we have salsa since then. I think you made it with Lisa Jones? In anycase I'd love it if you know what I'm talking about. :) kahansen99@yahoo.com is our e-mail. :)