Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Worst Day Ever!! Oh I wish!!!, and some other stuff....

(just a cute photo from June 2008 to share)
Madi went to a friend's house after school yesterday. She came home 1 1/2 hrs. later. When she walked in I asked if she said Thank You. She of course said "I forgot" I asked how do you forget to say Thank You? Tears come to her eyes and she yells "Just leave me alone, this has been my worst day ever!!" I'm thinking she must have had a fight with her friend. No it wasn't that. She was upset because she had P.E. day and she thought it was Art day, so she wore a skirt and flip flops. The P.E. teacher told her she'd let her participate but if it happened again she'd write her up. Come on, she's in 2nd grade and a little tenderheart, did she have to say something so threatening to Madi. I realized that I didn't look at what specials Madi had that day. Madi had looked at the wrong day. After the story Madi said, "See it's my worst day ever!" I gave her a big hug and said "Honestly Madi, I hope this is your worst day ever!" Oh how I wish that's true!!! Life sure throws some curveballs, and I wish this was the worst she'll ever be thrown.

Other than the never ending drama, Madilynn is doing great. She's starting Jazz class next Monday and is super excited about that.

Molly is walking everywhere now. Amazing how they take those first few scary steps and then they don't turn back. I don't have much time for anything else as she keeps me busy. I still can't figure out how to get video of her walking on here. I put my videos in a Sony program then transfer to my blog and they never work. Hoping Jer can help me this evening. She also gives kisses now. I've been trying this with her forever. Then one day last week I asked "Can I have kisses?" She began smacking her lips together. So cute!!! She can now be across the room and if you ask for kisses she waves and smacks her lips together. She has also started calling me MumMum, instead of Mama!! Cute! We sure love this sweet baby, or I guess toddler now!!!

Kenzie is doing great!! She loves school, and 6th grade keeps her busy. She's always got some project to work on. She's in the yearbook club this year. Following her dad's example of loving to take pictures!!! She wanted to be in Math club, but it met the same day as Yearbook. I think working on the yearbook will be great for her. She also has about 3 books she's reading right now. Her favorite is this series....

We found the first one this July at a used bookstore. We'd never heard of it but she thought it looked like a fun read. Then in late August she heard there was a sequel coming out. We went to Boarders last week and she got the last copy. We also found out a movie might be made, and Kenzie asked if she could audition. Anyone know a good agent? :)

I'm also so excited for my parents who are on their first vacation(well, besides coming to visit us) in years. They flew to Boston on Monday and will be gone for 11 days. My dad has a conference there for 3 days next week, but they went early to see the sights. Yesterday afternoon they drove to Palmyra, New York. They will spend today and tomorrow there seeing our church's Historical sites. Friday they will be at Niagara Falls. How fun!!!! Then Sat. head back to Boston for the conference and more sight seeing. I of course have been calling them tons to see how they're doing. Mom lost her glasses on the plane ride out, she thinks they got picked up and thrown away, Flight attendants wouldn't let her look at the garbage they had just collected and told them to get off the plane since everyone else was off, and they needed to prepare for next flight. I said to make a compliant. Joy sent Fed Ex another pair to her.

Not much else going on. Jer's in town the next 2 weeks and I'm loving it!!!

6 comments:

FlammPixs said...

I don't if you remember us or not, Brent and LaNeece Flamm from Syracuse. Katie linked me to your address. You have a beautiful famiy. Congrats on the new additons. I hope all is well. Check out our blog to keep in touch.

Emily said...

Thanks for the fun update.

steve and lisa said...

Sounds like a really fun trip for your parents. Cute Madi - worst day ever! Cannot believe Molly is walking! Time flies! Lisa

Ang and Al said...

I'm sorry Madi had her worst day ever! I don't think the teacher was unfair. She didn't yell, but instead gave Madi a warning and a consequence for if it happened again. Madi is tenderhearted, and may have felt picked on, but I'll bet she's extra-careful in the future!

Kenzie was telling me about the Kingdom Keeper series. I'll have to look into them! We seem to like the same books after all...

Face it with Jamie said...

Hey!!! Im BACK BABY!!!! poor moo moo! she is so sweet. yo! tell KP to CALL her homie back! love ya sis.

Todd and Megan said...

poor thing... how traumatic everything is at that age...unfortunately it just all keeps coming. thanks for the update on your family!