Friday, September 26, 2008

A movie, sick baby, water damage, and a friend!


Jer took Molly and I to the movies today to see Ghost Town. We knew nothing about the movie, just read on a gals blog that she liked it. So off we went. I was a little worried when in the first 3 minutes of the movie a few awful swear words were used. I quickly thought OH NO, I wont like this. I just can't stand bad language. I liked this movie. It was a happy, feel good movie. Besides the language and a few innuendos, it's great! I called my mom telling her we liked it, she and my dad saw it tonight and enjoyed it! They are back from their trip. They had a most fabulous time!!!



Sick Baby- Not really sure what's going on with Miss Molly. She had a hard night, waking up often and didn't want to be in her crib. At 6:00am she felt very warm, so we took her jammies off, and she cooled down a little. At 8:00am she had an awful diarrhea diaper. Got that cleaned up, gave her Tylenol and she fell asleep. At 9:30 she awoke warm, and with another yucky diaper. Can you see where this is going? She was doing OK for awhile so we decided to do the movie. She slept during the movie, but also had another blow out while sleeping. Not wanting to wake her, we just enjoyed the lovely oder oozing out. It's now 9:34pm and she's had 4 more blowouts. Poor thing. She's acting fine, just worried about the constant yuckies. Not sure what could be wrong.




Water Damage-On Sunday the Fridge had water leaking out from the bottom. Thanks to this happening for probably a day our wood floor buckled up underneath and around the area. Our entire main level is wood floors, except for a few areas. They can't just fix the damaged area because you can't just resand and stain the damaged area. Wouldn't look good, so they have to resand & stain the entire floor. This will be a 5 day process and a big mess!!! The estimated cost is about $4000 dollars, Thank Goodness we only pay $500 deductible, although not where I wanted $500 to go right now. Wood floors look nice but I'd much rather have tile in the kitchen area so I wouldn't have this kind of mess going on. We could switch to tile in the kitchen area now, but I don't know what we'll do. Don't know when all this will happen as we have to wait for the fridge to be fixed.




Our old neighbors came back in town tonight. Madilynn was so excited to see Katelynn. Kate is spending the night, and they are begging me to come videotape them dancing and putting on a show. Let the fun begin!!!

By the way, did anyone see ER last night? Tear Jerker!!!

7 comments:

steve and lisa said...

Our downstairs bathroom floor had the same problem - we were lucky to replace the wood with tile - it didn't ruin into the hallway! Who puts wood in a bathroom? A contractor that wasn't thinking straight. I will have to keep an eye on the wood under the fridge. Sometimes our fridge doesn't get shut tight & then the ice/water dispenser starts leaking. Good luck with the braces - ughh! Madi is growing up so fast! Hope Molly is feeling better today. Lisa

rogersinkc said...

Mike and I considered that movie the other afternoon while the girls were in school but we went to Lakeview Terrace instead. Some language but I liked the story line.

Can't say I miss those blowouts! :-)

Not good on the floors. I've always wanted a wood floor so thats what we put in the house. All our apts and houses in UT had linoleum. Don't know if I'd do the tile route for a kitchen - too cold and impersonal.

See ya Sunday!

Katie Voorhees said...

I haven't seen a movie in so long, actually in the theater, I am impressed you made it through with a one year old!

I can only wish for water damage in my kitchen, I hate my floors in there and would love to have a good reason to replace them!

I tagged you! Go to my blog to see details!

allredclan said...

Jill,

Just wanted to apologize for not being around on your blog lately. Mu homoe computer crashed and I have had to kidnap Mike's laptop whenever I can to get things done. Glad to see that you are doing well, aside from the water damage. Hate that. Have a super day! =)

njepperson said...

JIll, congratulations on your new calling! You will be so great. Glad Molly is feeling better. Good luck on the floor!

The White House said...

I am starting to think your house and water do not mix. You are jinxed.

Jill said...

I've been thinking the same thing, Nat. Totally jinxed!!!!