Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Question?

Has anyone ever tried Invisalign braces? I'm getting braces due to crowding and have the choice of using Invisalign, although it's a bit more in price. Just wondered if anyone has seen success with it. I do worry it might be a high maintenance choice. You have to take it off to eat and drink anything other than water. Not a huge deal! Anyway, just asking.

5 comments:

Melisa said...

I did Invisalign and thought it was great. I Just used a straw when I wanted to drink something other than water but it wasn't that bad. I Just wish I wore my retainer so they still looked as good.

Melisa said...

I did Invisalign and thought it was great. I Just used a straw when I wanted to drink something other than water but it wasn't that bad. I Just wish I wore my retainer so they still looked as good.

Mindy M. said...

Hey. . . Kenzie just go Invisalign about two months ago and they were the same price as Dylan's braces and she will be done in about 14 months. Love them and you can't even tell she has them. If are committed to making sure you wear them an average of 20-22 hours a day, you will do great!! They even said they would whiten her teeth at the same time if we wanted, but she already has really white teeth. You for it!!!

rogersinkc said...

no, never tried them. i was one of those 5th graders back in 1976 who had the old silver "brace-face" look but good luck! :-)

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Invisalign works really good as long as you wear your retainers... They aren't the funnest thing since they hurt a little and you can't eat anything without taking them out, but they will only work if you wear them for the amount of time they tell you to. If you are worried that you might not keep them in all the time- you could get clear brackets and do traditional braces... :)I did invisalign on my lower teeth when I worked for Dr. Peck and it wasn't too bad- to tell you the truth though- it kinda hurts! :)