Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Still havin' fun in TEXAS!!

We've been having a great time here in Texas with my family! Last Friday we went to Six Flags Fiesta Texas! The girls, Jamie, and I got there at noon and spent most of our time at the waterpark, until Mom, Dad,Jen, Harley, and Jer(drove back from Laredo) met us there in the early evening. Dad, Jer, Kenz and Jamie rode all the big roller coasters. Their favorite was Superman. Madi and Harley rode rides with Aunt Jen and Mom. Molly and I enjoyed watching everyone. We enjoyed watching the Lone Star Spectacular to end our evening there. You have to be a Texan to really enjoy it since it's totally dedicated to all things Texas and how great it really is. Texas is near and dear to my heart, and I love it!!! Especially San Antonio!! Do I really have to leave?







Saturday mom took the kids to see Space Chimps(they loved it) while Jer, Dad and I saw The Dark Knight. I just had to see this movie!! It kept me on the edge of my seat, but way very dark. We did take Molly(she slept most of it) and hopefully any parts she did see will fade from her memory quickly. Enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Rudy's Bar-b-Q Kenzie loved saying we just ate the Worst Bar-b-Q in Texas!!! We attended Sacrament at the new branch with my parents Sunday. It was so nice. I was so impressed with how many soliders attend.







We also attended Jackson's(Bev's son) 3yr. Birthday party at McDonalds. They had face painting and the kids all loved that. Jackson made out well with great gifts. Bev and Matt, Thanks so much,what a great party, we had such a good time! Loved visiting with you, and Claudette(Bev's mom) so glad you got home safe and sound from LA so we could visit with you. Jackson you are one of the cutest, sweetest boys I know, Happy Birthday!!











Yesterday we went to Sea World one last time. We watched Dolphins, Coral&Shark Reef, saw the Pirate 4D movie, rode a few rides and played at the Waterpark. So glad I bought passes this year. We had so much fun everytime we've gone.







The kids have 11 weeks of summer vacation. We've been gone for 8 1/2 of those. That really is crazy, but we've loved every single thing we've done this summer. I wouldn't trade the time we've spent with our families for anything!! I'm actually getting nervous to fly home Wednesday. I'm just so used to being gone that getting back to normal seems anything but that. It will be good though to get back into a routine and schedule. I'm going to be forced into that quickly since the girls start school the 14th. Going to bed at a decent hour, waking up so early, getting them out the door on time for the bus....I just can't even picture doing this next week.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad you have had a wonderful summer.

Ang and Al said...

Sounds like so much fun! Kenzie made a great choice of her face painting!

I go back to school on Aug. 18. The students come back on Aug. 225. I'm not looking forward to the waking up early part, either!

Mindy M. said...

I am joining your family, soon!! I would love a vacation, even just one week! I am so glad you are having a fun summer, but that's a bummer your kids start school so soon. I wish I had enough smarts to home school and then we could just go 'field trips' every day and learn everything they ever need to know.

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Looks like tons of fun! I especially love the face painting! Miss you guys! Next summer we are coming with! :)