Last night the unthinkable happened to me and I'm just sick about it. Thankfully All is Well, but it could have been awful. I got Molly down to bed at 10:00pm. I felt so tired, had a pounding headache from this head cold so I took an Ibuprofen 800 and went to bed. I awoke at 1:24am to Molly crying. I could hear her, but my eyes couldn't open. Finally I realized I wasn't dreaming she was really crying. Dazed, I walked over to her crib and lowered the rail to get her out. I wasn't standing directly in front of her as I lowered the rail. That's when it happened. It was in slow motion, yet so fast and I hardly can picture it now. She must have been leaning on the crib rail, because next thing I know she's falling over the side and onto the floor. I yelled her name and tried to grab her. It was so fast. I couldn't believe it. I feel like somehow I must have been able to soften her fall. I don't know how because I don't remember being able to grab her. She immediately let out an awful cry, and I scooped her up quick. I just held her to me saying please be OK. I brought her over to my bed just holding her against me, saying a prayer that she would be OK. I couldn't even think of what to do next. I knew she was breathing because she was crying. Then just as quick as it all happened she stopped crying and went back to sleep. This scared me more because I felt like she should still be crying. I called Jer( who is now in Texas after a quick stop home Sunday) and told him what happened. He asked if she seemed OK. I said that she seemed OK and that her eyes were closed(I opened her eyes and they weren't rolled to the back of her head, they looked fine). He said to watch her and make sure her breathing was steady. I felt like she was good. My thought was do I take her to the ER to get looked at, but felt she was OK. I had her next to me and watched her chest go up and down for the next 3 hrs. I finally fell asleep holding her with pillows all around us. I just couldn't have her out of my sight. She awoke this morning at
6:09am crying(moving her arms and legs good sign) and I nursed her back to sleep(yes, still nursing, that's a whole different story). I put her back in her crib and All is Well. All is Well, but different. I now see how quick something can happen. In the blink of an eye everything can change. I'm so grateful she is OK. I cried that something awful could've happened, I cried that Jer wasn't here to help her and me, I cried knowing she was OK, and I cried for the many moms who've lost their sweet children to terrible accidents this summer. This is a Wake Up Call for me. To lower her mattress!!!! To always be aware of everything and be so careful!!! To take a CPR course, just in case. To Love, Love, Love my precious children!!!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
4 months ago








3 comments:
Miss Molly,
I am glad you are okay!!! I Love You!!!
Love,
JEN
Oh Jill, I am glad she is o.k. That is scary.
Jill, I hate when stuff happens like that when Dave is gone. In Vegas we had a scare with Kyle after he had been swimming all day and mom and I rushed him to the ER. Thank goodness she was with me. Anyways of course he was fine, but that feeling of not knowing is so scary. I am SO glad she is okay. Have Jer lower that mattress when he gets back!
We love you Molly!
P.S. Costa Rica looks amazing! Take me with you!!!!!
Post a Comment