Friday, October 1, 2010

A day in the life!

My friend, Becky, and I went out to yard sales this morning. We went from 9am until 1:00pm. I found cute outfits for Mya, and Becky found fun things, including a darling children's rocking chair. We had Molly, Mya, and Becky's 3 yr. old, Reese, with us. The girls did great! Mya slept from 9:15 until about 12:15pm. Even after she woke up, changed and fed, she still did great! Molly and Reese watched TinkerBell and Barbie movies. I put the potty chair in the back of my car so the older girls could go potty. We had some good laughs with that!! HA! Might have been a little white trash doing that, but what else do you do! I always have the best time with Becky! Thanks Becks for a fun day doing what we do best together, shopping!

Potty Training 101
Molly has been my most headstrong child! With that came a very difficult time potty training her. Although, it was probably also the fact that I was sick early in this pregnancy when I first tried potty training and wasn't very consistent. Early in 2010 she was getting the hang of it, then decided she wasn't interested in it. I got a little tired of the tantrums so gave it up for awhile. It was then getting toward the end of my pregnancy and I just didn't want to mess with it. Of course, June, July and August were crazy around here with a new baby. I was too exhausted to try with her. In Sept. we decided it has to be done! She was way over the being ready for it! Well, the last 2 week we've been non-stop working on it. I think she finally has got it down. She tells us when she needs to go, and sometimes just goes to her potty without telling us. We are all so excited for her. She has received 3 new movies, candy, and the best in her opinion, Silly Bandz all during this process. Goodness with Kenzie and Madi I don't think I bought anything. This has been an expensive little potty training event! HA! What can I say, I'm a mom who bribes!!! :)

.....and now a little picture to remember our adventures. Not sure if this is really appropriate for my blog, but it just cracks me up. I mean, have you ever seen anyone look so dainty while using the potty! HA!

So proud and happy for Molly being such a Big Girl!!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Potty Training is the worst! I am still working on it with Crew. Yeah Molly so happy she is doing well with it!

Laurel said...

Bribery works! Paisley already can be bribed. I love her legs crossed sitting on the potty. What a smart girl to get all she can out of the situation. : )

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

OH my goodness.. That picture is priceless Jill!!! I LOVE IT! ha ha what a cutie she is! I am so happy for you that she is doing so well... It will be interesting when we get to that stage with Blakelee- I will probably start once we get home from Christmas and after her birthday... Hopefully she is easy to train and doesn't need TOO much bribing! ha ha

njepperson said...

Molly you are so darling! Fancy Grandma and Grandpa are so proud of you! You are such a big girl. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Molly I am so proud of you!!! You are such a big girl!!!

Jill-Me and Jamie just thought the picture of Molly on the potty chair was so great!!! I am also glad that you and Becky had a great time together on Satarday!!!

Love-Jenny Watkins

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you posted that photo, Jill. It's priceless. Congrats on your success with the potty training!

Ashley said...

Jill, that picture of Molly is hilarious. I love the way she has her legs crossed. Such a lady! ;) GREAT JOB MOLLY!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

Ashley said...

Jill, that picture of Molly is hilarious. I love the way she has her legs crossed. Such a lady! ;) GREAT JOB MOLLY!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!