No, we're not moving! People keep asking if we are moving now that Jer no longer works with the Sprint Account. By choice, we are staying put for now. Jer actually was just made the Sr. Executive Director of the Amazon/Pay Pal account! This position doesn't really have a base post, we just need to be near an airport. Staying here feels right for now. He's super excited about this new position. The places he will travel are wonderful locations. Costa Rica and Philippines are still in there, but also added now are London, Dublin, and Berlin. Thinking we all might need to go on a business trip with him in the future!!
So because we are staying put, and having a baby in 19 days, we(well, actually Jer) are trying to get our basement finished ASAP!!
Curved staircase down to basement

Jer began this process in December, but from Feb. until about 2 weeks ago it's been at a stand still with all his travel.
Jer framed, did all the electrical, and we hired a plumber.
We had final rough inspection on Tuesday. He has spent the last 3 night putting insulation in.
Family Room

Guest Room

Guest Bathroom

Madi took this picture from her eye level! :)
Drywall was delivered yesterday.

Jer and his friend are going to hang it this weekend with hopes to be done by Monday evening. I think Jer is hiring the mudding & taping out(at least I'm hoping).Jer will then get all the closet shelving built. He was planning on painting, but a friend mentioned a great painter. Gave him a call, his price was fantastic, and it will save us so much time. So excited about that!
Jer and Phil beginning to hang the ceiling drywall.

The area you see the pink side of insulation on the left side is where the kitchen will be.
Jer's Office

At least for now it is planned on being Jer's office and I will take over the main level one. I'm so excited to have my own creative space. There are no windows in the basement one, and I don't know if Jer will like that after awhile. He works from home when not traveling, so I think he might want to keep the upstairs office which has a big nice window looking out to the backyard.
After paint, Jer will then tile in the bathrooms, finish work, then I think carpet. Will it be done in 19 days, well, I'm very hopeful! We wont have the cabinets put in yet. No big deal. I just want that playroom done, so all toys can be stored away in an organzied manner.
Playroom


The playroom has 2 closets, one being a small walk in, that will have all the dress up clothes and barbie stuff. Playroom is smaller than I originally wanted, but I think it will work fine.
It will be wonderful to have all the extra space! Can't wait!!!
4 comments:
Yeah Jer!!!! What a guy! It is looking great! We can't wait to see the finished product!!!
I can't believe how much Jeremy has done since I left!!! He is a hardworker!!! I am excited to get to see it when I come again and hopefully it will be all done!!! I know it will give lots more space for you all!!! Also I am excited to have Mya come into the world in 17 days!!!
Love, Jen
Sounds like a great plan for your basement. You are so lucky that Jer can do so much of the work himself. What a blessing to save money. I think it will all work out and be great.
I don't know how Jer does it all!! You are a lucky girl to have such a wonderful husband.
Post a Comment