Saturday, May 1, 2010

Celebrating

Last weekend was full of celebrating!

Friday night April 23, Jer took me to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. Love it!! I ordered the 14oz. Kansas City Strip, thinking I would take most home. HA! This pregnant gal ate the entire thing by myself. Hey, when your on a low carb diet, meat is Heaven!!! We then went to the movies to see Date Night. Miss Molly hadn't napped that day and I knew she'd be a bit grumpy for the girls and Jen, so she was our little companion. She slept the entire meal, and at the movies just played with her shape/picture cards. Thank goodness as I wouldn't want her remembering the language and some scenes, yikes!

Saturday, April 24, was our turn to help clean the church. We were assigned the gym, stage and kitchen. We were in at 9 and out by 10:30. At 11:00 Miss Molly attended her first birthday party. Wish I'd taken a camera to get pictures. She looked so cute in her little party dress, and had a great time.

We then all went to eat at Cheesecake Factory for my birthday. Thanks to Jenny for bringing her camera and taking this cute family pic of us while we waited for our table. Food was delicious as always. I ordered the Fresh Grilled Salmon. The sides were mashed potatos and brocclii. I gave half of my mashed to Jer since with my diet I could only eat half of them. I then ordered the Low Carb Plain Cheesecake with Strawberries, but no syrup. Yes, the Reg. cheesecake is delicious, but I think the Low Carb one tastes great too. Checked my blood sugar 2 hrs. after and I was only at 117!! YAHOO!! Anything under 120 is good. I love still being able to eat delicious food.

Molly enjoying her dessert!

We made a stop at USA Baby to look at strollers. I was overwhelemd by all the choices and prices. So many more options even since 3 years ago. Jer worked in the basement more that evening, and the rest of us went shopping to Target for a baby gift for our neighbors.

Sunday was of course busy with church at 9am. After church, Madilynn and I went to visit our neighbors, Julie and Ed, and their new baby girl in the hospital. This makes baby girl #5 for them. Yes, our girls all love playing together. Being at the hospital, and seeing their new baby makes me so excited for our baby girl to arrive. Came home and enjoyed a nice Sunday evening with the family.

Monday was my Birthday! I had my nonstress test at 8:00am. Well, I thought it was at 8, I got there and they had me down for 9am. Lukily they were fast and got me in at 8:35am. I was very excited to see that the same sweet gal who did all my tests when I was pregnant with Molly would be helping me again this go round. She remembered me and was excited to learn I would be having another girl. She wants me to bring the girls to all my tests once they are out of school. She loved talking with them last time. Test went well, and baby girl was moving all over the place.

Jer, Jenny, Molly and I then went to Jason's Deli for my bday lunch. YUMMY! I love their salad bar.

We then went to Brighton at Town Center. I had a gift card from my inlaws and enjoyed getting new jewlry. Loved what I picked out. Plus they have a Mother's Day special right now. Buy any necklace and bracelet, get a pair of earrings free! Love that!
Sorry the jewlry photos are blurry. I really need to charge my camera battery, as my sisters camera can't focus well for closeups.

I also must show the fabulous necklace and earrings my mom gave me for my birthday. She gave it to me early when we were visitng Texas in March. I love it!!!


Came home and at 4:30 a nice couple came over to buy our old changing table that I was selling on Craigslist. I bought this off craigslist 3 years ago, and made my money right back!:) Gotta love that! They are adopting a baby from Taiwan. This will be their first, and they were so excited. I wish them all the best!!

That evening Jen and I took Madi to Gymnastics, while Jer, Kenz, and Molly stayed home to prepare a wonderful bday dinner for me. Jer made Talapia(fish), and it was delicious! Kenzie made this giant cookie cake.



While everyone enjoyed the cookie, I enjoyed this delicious Ice Cream! WOW, I look tired in this picture!


Got the kids tucked into bed by 8. We then left them in the care of my sister, and Jer and I went to see The Back-Up Plan. Cute, but again like Date Night, amazed at what they say in movies these days.

.....and then the celebrating came to an end. I collapsed to bed at 11:30pm! Celebrating when pregnant wore me out! Thanks to my hubby, and girls for the fun weekend. Thanks to my sister for babysitting. Thanks to all the family, and friends for the gifts, phone calls, cards, balloons and even facebook messages wishing me a great birthday! Made the weekend even better hearing from all of you!

Excited for this week to celebrate a little more with a girls lunch out.

7 comments:

njepperson said...

Sounds like a fun-packed week! Glad you had such a nice birthday. Loved seeing all the pictures! Love you all more!!!!

Jill Stones said...

Yahoo for you!! I am glad baby is doing good, you are amazing at your diet and it will pay off!! Good job!! Can't wait to see pictures of this new baby.

Ashley said...

Jill, you look great!! (I don't even think you look tired in that pic!) It sounds like you had quite the weekend (as you should). I love the family picture of you that Jen took. (Nice job Jen!!) It is so nice of all of you. Did you get a stroller or just look at them? I have been looking for one too. And a car seat. We still need to get one. How are you feeling? I am anxious to see your little one's nursery. Your going to post about that real soon... right?? ;) Love you!

Emily said...

So fun!

Todd and Megan said...

sounds like a great weekend...happy birthday!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Looks like you had a fun week of celebration! You description of food is making me hungry! ha ha It all sounded so good! :) I am glad you had a great birthday and that Jer made such a fun yummy dinner for you! What a guy!

Veronica said...

Sounds like a whirlwind of happy events to celebrate the wonderful day an amazing girl was born. So glad to be friends/FAMILY. You are precious to me!