McKenzie Pearl
We choose the name McKenzie because we just loved the name. I was watching a preseason Football game in early August 1997 and a player had the last spelled McKenzie on his Jersey, so we decided that's how we should spell her name. Pearl comes from my Grandma Watkins. Her name is Rexenne Pearl. I love that McKenzie has the middle name of my Grandma.
Madilynn Hope
Madilynn was actually going to be Madison Lynn. Lynn is my mother's middle name. Then we decided to name her Madilynn, so she'd still have my mom's name, but then be able to have the middle name of Hope after Jer's Grandma Melba Hope. I love that Madi has 2 parts of family in her name.
Molly Elizabeth
We were trying to decide on a first name, and one day Jer said "How about Molly?" I loved it, and it's fits our Molly perfectly. Elizabeth is my middle name, and I love how it sounds with Molly.
Girl #4
.....has been by far our most difficult to name. In fact, just yesterday we made the final decision of what her name would be. It was hard deciding who we'd like to name her after. My mom's mom is Meriam Francis Kline. We thought of doing Meri, or Meriann, but it just didn't fit for me. My sister Jamie has the middle name Francis, and Joy's new married last name is Francis, so I didn't want to do that again. Even up to the moment we told Jer's family on the phone, I was a little torn, but I think her name we chose fits. I hope it's the one for her.
We decided to do another "M" name because it just fits and that's how it needs to be. Her first name wasn't at the top of my list in the beginning. We had so many names in our mind. One night, about 2 weeks ago, I was sitting in her nursery after we had set the crib up with her bedding, and the name popped in my head. I said the name to Molly and she repeated and it sounded so sweet and cute coming from her. Jer liked it, as did Kenz and Madi but I was still not for sure. The girls began to call her that, and now it just seems to work, so her first name will be..................
We decided to have her middle name be after Jer's mom. Her name is Nancy Joan(Joan...is pronounced like Joann).
and so after much ado, girl #4 will be named
We decided to add the extra "N" onto her name(instead of Joan). I kind of wanted to add an "E" at the end also. I love Anne of Green Gables, and always loved how she introduced herself, "I'm Anne, with an E." So that might change, but for now we will stick with this.
Mya Joann, we are so excited for you to be born. We can't wait to have you in our arms.
I had my Sonogram today. I was hoping for same great pics, but she is head down, face down toward my back, so no face shots. We could see her cute a perfect ear, little legs, feet, hands, perfect heart, and got a great shot to know she's for sure a girl! Her estimated weight right now is 4lbs. 7oz. Looks like we're on our way to another good size baby! The ultrasound tech printed me one photo, of her spine. Odd! So no sono photos today, but I'll have another next week, so hopefully she'll have turned to get better pics of her face.
I love you my sweet Mya, and can't wait to meet you!








11 comments:
Mya Joann! I love it!!!! Oh little Mya, we are so excited to meet you!! We love you! What a beautiful name.
Love it!
Green Gables me....Ann without the E. :-)
Same happened with me.
My Great Aunt was Gladys Ann Ingram.
My mother is Judith Ann Turner.
Me: Ann
Daughter: Savannah Ann Rogers
However my mother wanted to spell it the european way of Ayn but my dad didn't like it. I think it would have been kind of cool.
Love love love the name!
Love the name and that each name comes from family! Can't wait to see pictures of the precious little girl!
Cute name. Cannot wait to see her!
I love her name! It was so fun to be at your sonogram today.
Love you sis,
Jen
What a beautiful name for a beautiful baby!! love it
I love that name!! My friends little granddaughter is named Mya and she is cute as can be! Love that all their names have a special family meaning. Can't wait to see what little Mya looks like. Keep me posted. Hope all is well!!
I lam so honored that you would name her after my middle name!!! Thank you! I also love Mya. Mya is the perfect name to go with another beautiful Jepperson daughter! I'm so glad you've finally decided on her name. I love her already and can't wait to hold her. It was so fun to see you all yesterday! Love you all so much.
I love the name!!! I also want all of our kids to have their middle names be significant family names with a unique first name...that is if we ever actually have kids of our own! can't want to see pictures of little Mya!
Mya.... We love you already! We can't wait to see what you look like!
Post a Comment