Tuesday, April 20, 2010

BUSY!

Last week I cleaned out and organized the girls closets. It was a huge undertaking. I have now packed up 5 bins of clothes. Starting to think maybe to just get rid of them all(even though they are in great condition) and buy all new stuff when Madi, Molly, and new baby get to that age. Just takes up so much space. Plus, who doesn't enjoy shopping for a whole new wardrobe. :) No, I'll keep them. It's nice having all girls who can share clothes. I think Jer wonders why I do keep buying new clothes though. It's just so much fun to shop for them!

We also rearranged the girls rooms. Originally, the nursery was going to be in the upstairs guest room, since the guest room will now be in the basement. Then we got to thinking that room would be good for Kenz. It has it's own bathroom, and since she gets up the earliest, that will be perfect for her. We won't be able to set her room up until the basement is done, plus, my sister Jenny is still here and sleeping in there.

Molly and Madilynn will now share a room, and have moved into McKenzie's old room. We put the bunk beds in there, and they both have a nice big closet now to fit all their clothes. I can't wait to get the playroom finished so their toys(a million barbies, house, boat, pool) can all get out of the bedroom. I do like that their closet can fit their toys for now.

Madi's old room is now the baby's nursery. At first I wasn't sure if I would like it. 3 years ago Jer put white beadboard on the walls, and Madilynn picked a color called, Tinkerbell Green, for the walls. Wasn't sure how it would look with the baby bedding, and felt there would be too much white(all furniture is white) in there. Well, on Saturday Jeremy set up the crib, and brought up the changing table and dresser. I laid down the rug, and put the bedding in the crib. That's all that is in the room so far, and I already love it. We all sat in there for awhile after the furniture was set up saying how much we loved it. I have bought 1 picture for the room and set in on the dresser for now. It's so cute. The Tinkerbell green even looks perfect. Jer is so happy he doesn't have to repaint.

I listed our old brown Jenny Lind Crib on Craigslist Friday night. We were given the crib almost 13 years ago( can't believe Kenz will turn 13 in August) from a friend of my parent's. They had used it with their 3 daughters as well, so I think it's about 20 years old. It has been great for all 3 of our girls, but this time I wanted to finally decorate a nursery and have all white furniture for it. The old crib was still is good condition, just a few scratches, and never had recalls on it. Saturday morning a lady called saying she wanted to come see it as it would be good to have at her home for her grandchildren. I also had about 6 other people interested. She could be at my house in 20minutes. So, she showed up, and loved it. Jer took it apart, and she paid us $50 and the crib was gone. Still have the Jenny Lind changing table up for sale. Pic I took quick of the old crib to sell it.
Will post pic of new crib and the nursery soon. Need to shop for accessories.

We also listed McKenzie's Wrought Iron bed. We bought it 3 years ago for the guest room. Then in Summer 08 we bought my friend, Marianne's, guest room set. So the Iron bed moved into Kenzie's room. This last summer Kenzie decided she wanted a Hawaiian tropical theme room. PBkids had a clearance on their Hunington Collection, and Joy's(my sister) friend worked there, so I go the bedding for almost 70% off original price. Yahoo!!! The bedding just doesn't go with the Iron bed. Hoping to sell it, and then buy a white beadboard bed for her. Here's a picture of it. Notice the Surfing Paddle above the bed. That is the one Jer bought in Hawaii, that now has it's own background story. :)

Did I share that story on here? Jer bought that Paddle our last day in Hawaii July 28, 2009. He found it at the International Market. The lady wrapped in in cardboard so it would be safe on the flight. Our LAST DAY in Hawaii had already been crazy, so we were rushing at the airport for our flight back to the states. Read that post to see what happened trying to get paddle onto the flight(TSA considered it a weapon). Short story, he finally said forget the paddle, left it with the TSA and ran to the flight. I was really sad because I knew how cute the paddle would look in Kenzie's room. The next afternoon after we were back in the States, I found the TSA Honolulu phone number. I was transfered to a man, who works with all abandoned carry on items. I explained the situation, and he said he'd look to see if the paddle was still there. He called us back saying it was there, and even though they don't normally do this they would ship the paddle to us. WOW! I was so happy. Jer gave him the shipping info and our credit card to charge for shipping. We were in Utah then, and came home 8 days later. Our neighbors came walking over with the paddle. It had arrived the day after we had given the guy our address. He had sent it FedEx Overnight. Ouch! Now that $30 dollar paddle had cost us almost $70. HA! Our neighbor said it arrived with a FedEx Tag around it, but no wrapping. It was just the paddle all exposed. So I wasn't surprised to see the handle broken. :( I called FedEx, explained how the paddle handle was broken and they sent us a check covering the cost of shipping, plus the cost of the paddle. So.... in the end we got the paddle for free!!!:) Too funny! Even with it's broken handle, I love it on her wall!

Back to being busy, my hallway is now full of bins, and just stuff. Today is the go through everything that was moved out of the rooms day. Hoping to get everything put back in place by this evening. Tonight is our RS meeting. We are having 3 classes. Food Storage, Blogging (they asked me to teach how to set up a blog), and hair bow making.

Last night I said to Jer, "You know, on Wed. it will be 9 weeks until this baby arrives!" He's so mellow about it all. I really want the basement done by then. With Jer traveling all the time, it's been at a stand still. Hoping it can get done, but we can manage without it finished in time.

Yes, tomorrow will mark 9 weeks until our sweet baby girl arrives. She still doesn't have a name, although I think we are beginning to narrow it down. She does however have all our hearts captured as we enjoy watching her make my belly look like I have some major wave action going on in there! My diabetes is being managed great. My friend Morgan, who is a dietition, helped me plan out my diet. At my appointment last Wednesday, my Dr. was so proud that in 2 weeks I hadn't put on any weight thanks to my new low carb diet. We'll see if I did as good this last week when I go in tomorrow. I see him weekly now, and will probably start the weekly Non-stress tests, and ultrasounds next week. Can't wait to see this little bambino on screen again!

Well, that was the longest post ever!!! Might as well finish off with pictures. Here are a few of the girls on Easter Sunday evening doing their Egg hunt. You gotta love their Easter baskets. I had bought one new, then thought I could find the Easter box in the basement with the old ones. HA! Everything is piled high in one area, and impossible to get at right now. So Kenz carried the basket, Molly wanted to carry the Zoo popcorn bucket, and Madi carried a Christmas bucket! :)

6 comments:

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

I can't wait to see the new nursery! It sounds darling! Kenz's bedding is so cute, it will look even cuter too when you get her a white headboard that natches the look! I bet your house is just looking beautiful with all the changes and improvements you are making!!! I think when you finish the basement and get all the other rooms in order, you need to take pictures of every room and post them on your blog for those of us that haven't gotten to come see it in person yet! :)
I know how you feel about the whole clothes situation... I remember growing up, with the three girls in our family, I was always getting the new clothes, and the younger ones never got anything new. I think it's important to always get at least a couple new things for each kid, so they don't feel left out only getting hand-me-downs... So just tell Jer- it's a must! ha ha I packed up all of Blakelee's baby clothes to move already, and even though the next one is a girl, I will have to get some new stuff because some of the seasons and the sizes I have for Blakelee won't work for the next one- SO... DARN IT- I gotta go shopping for more girl clothes! ;)
P.S. I LOVE the Easter baskets!!! So funny!

Ashley said...

I love Kenzie's room also! It is so cute. I love all the bright colors. What a happy room. I would love to see pics of your house too Jill. I can't wait to see the new nursery. I bet it is going to be so darling. I was worried about having the white crib on our white wainscoting too, but I think it turned out great. I LOVE bead board. I just can't wait to see it. Hurry up and finish it so we can see the pictures! Or at least post a few pictures in the meantime. ;) I'm so excited we are both almost done!!!

Emily said...

Busy, busy times for your family! Can't wait to see pictures of the final products. Can't wait to hear what name you decide on!

Jill Stones said...

Wow be sure not to over do it, I can't believe she is going to be here so soon! Good job on the diabetes. Keep it up. YOu are amazing!

Veronica said...

All the rearranging sounds impressive. I am sure it will come together perfectly. I am excited to see the pictures of the new nursery. Em has the beadboard beds and they look great. I do love the wrought iron bed too. Glad your diabetes is being managed so well. I need your dietician friend just for my crazy menopause weight gain. Love the Easter baskets that aren't Easter baskets. 9 weeks and counting! Love to all!

njepperson said...

I loved reading your post. It sounds like you are really doing a lot! I can't wait to see the pictures also! You are so great at eating the right foods just like you did with Molly. I'm so glad that everything is going so well and that Jer is now home a little more to help you. Love you all so much.