Thursday, April 8, 2010

A night away on the Riverwalk

Jer and I took advantage of having my parent's and sister's available to help and went away for the night on March 18.

The girls had a great time. Aunt Jamie came over, they ate Gam's yummy spaghetti, made wash cloth bunnies, baked Amish Friendship Bread, and watched Princess and the Frog. They said Molly never even asked for us! Thanks family for loving my kids like y'all do. My sister,Jenny, took these pictures of the nights activities while we were away.

Jer got us a room at the Marriott Riverwalk. We had a wonderful evening. We ate appetizers in the Hotel Concierge Lounge, so good! We then walked the Riverwalk and ate a delicious Mexican dinner at Acenar. The food was delicious, and the Guacamole they make fresh at your table was fabulous. We had a table outside on the patio. I love eating outside on the Riverwalk. It was a beautiful, warm evening.

Marriott Riverwalk

View of Alamodome from our Dining room window


Fresh Guacamole at Acenar
No night walk in Downtown San Antonio is complete without walking by the Alamo

We came back to my parent's around 1pm Friday. Thanks Jer for a wonderful night getaway! Thanks to my family for watching the girls, who had a blast.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds so great! A night away is the best!

Mindy M. said...

I'm jealous!! I would love a little vacation ~ I would even go to Provo. Now that is desperate!! I'm glad you had fun though!!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Looks like a fun night out on the town!! Cute pictures with Jamie at the top of this post:)

njepperson said...

Makes me homesick for the Riverwalk! Hopefully some day we can go back and visit!

Beverly said...

We love Acenar! I didn't know that ya'll ate there that night. Yummy!