We shopped for souvenirs, and rode the fun train around the farm.
Rainbow Eucalyptus Trees all over the Dole parking lot

Left Dole at 5:40 and we had 2 hrs. before needing to be at the airport. We really wanted to see the National(Punchbowl) Cemetery. "No problem," says Jer. We then got stuck in traffic, but didn't care because this appeared....A full rainbow.
It was exactly 6:30, the gaurd knew we were in the cemetery, he was the one who had let us in and we were the only ones in the cemetery. Guess the guard just really wanted be a real jerk that night! Jer put the car in reverse and scared the crap out of me as he hauled backwards into the main part of cemetery up to the gaurds building. We saw the smirky security card getting off his golf cart. Jer pulls up, rolls the window down. I can't remember everything that was said but the security guard was a total JERK!!! Jer tried to be decent in speaking with the Jerk! Jer decided to get out of the car(to which I said Oh help us all!) and ask for the Jerk's name so he could let a higher up know what a Jerk he really was!!! Oh man, the memories of all this are GREAT!!! Wish I could give you a play by play. The guard would not give Jer his name!!
Meanwhile in the car...Kenz and Madi are crying in the back, I'm yelling "Jer, tell him we have to catch a flight", Dad and Mom are saying "Jill, the guard could care less if we have to get on a flight. My dad is saying "What a Jerk" under his breath. So funny!!!
Jer finally got back in the car and drove back to the gate. Now the girls are in the back praying for the gatekeeper to please hurry so we wont miss our flight. Secretly I'm praying to miss our flight. I mean really why not stay a little longer in Paradise(Ha! Just kidding) Jer got back out of the car walking around trying to find a phone number posted somewhere(he did find one). I'm yelling to get back in the car so if the gate opens we can hurry out of there. Took this picture during all this. Last land view of Honolulu....
At 6:55 the security gaurd comes back to the gate. Guess the JERK is also the gatekeeper.....go figure. Jer is actually on the phone leaving a complaint message and the gaurd walks up and says "Here, why don't you go ahead and give them my name it's (and he swings open his jacket) Earl Roots. Got that! You tell them Earl Roots was the one. Nothing's gonna happen to me, but you go ahead and give them my name!" Holy Heck! This guy is now a super Jerk!!! Jer says "Thanks Earl!" To which Earl says "It's Earl Roots" Anyway you get the picture. What a nutcase!!! I'm yelling to get in the flippin car so we can just go. Finally EARL ROOTS opens the gate!! Really me telling this doesn't do the story justice. Oh and Kenz and Madi are now crying because their prayer was answered, gates unlocked and open!:) Of course I say "Girls, what a story. Not many can say they were locked into a National Cemetery!" Just trying to make light of the situation:)
Jer goes squealing out of the cemetery. Then mom and I see a street sign that says San Antonio. Well of course I have to get a picture of that. Word to the wise, don't ask my hubby to slowdown for a St. sign photo when he's already super ticked off, and rushing to the airport!!! Still took the shot as we zoomed past!
We got to the airport, unloaded luggage, then Jer took rental car back. Jer got stuck in security with the decorative Surf Paddle he'd bought as a surprise for Kenz. Security considerd it a weapon! Jer calls me saying to meet him at back at security to get his laptops so he can run back outside ot check Ore in. I was busy talking with gate attendent who'd been paging our family to tell us we were upgraded to First Class! Woot Woot!! Not even thinking I send Kenzie running back to security. Dawns on me I just sent my child running through a strange airport. I tell my parents I'll be back and I rush to find Kenzie. Can't find her, I freak out. Can't find Jer, still freaking out. Find a TSA guy who tells me they can't page my daughter. I'm about to lose my mind when I see Kenzie running tears falling down her sweet face. Poor thing, couldn't find Jer, got lost and was scared the flight had left her. We go running back to gate, run into Jer who was running to find us, said he waited at security, never saw Kenz and just told TSA to keep the paddle. We ran back to our gate and boarded our flight with seconds to spare. I was sweating like crazy, so it's no joke when I say I used the little warm towel they give in FC and wiped my armpits with it. That's right, I did!! HA!!!!(watch for further postings about the surf paddle):)
We took off at 8:20pm and landed in LA(around 4am or 5 can't remember). We all looked like zombies except Molly who was wide awake and happy as can be.
She was the only smart one who slept the entire flight. The rest of us enjoyed watching movie after movie. We left LA around 7ish I think for Salt Lake.
.....and so came an end to our wonderful, amazing, and super fun 2 week vacation to Hawaii!!! I will forever be grateful for the opprotunity to travel with our parents and make wonderful memories with them in Hawaii. Farewell Hawaii and Mahalo!!!!








2 comments:
THAT is hilarious and sad all wrapped into one! :-)
What a story you always have to tell. I am glad you were able to go over to Hawaii and have a wonderful time. Nexttime you got to take me!!!
Love,
Jen
Post a Comment