Sunday, October 25, 2009

August Parties

On August 15th, we attended a going away party for our friends who were moving to Chicago. Rachel was the first gal I met at church when we moved here. She came right up to me after Sacrament and helped us find where we needed to go. We sure miss Rachel, Eric and their darling girls!!
Laughter & Tears!
Good Friends, Good Times!

Kenzie turned twelve on August 18th. We had a fun family party that evening for her.
See the picture of Kenzie holding the paddle? The one Jer left with the TSA, after they said it was a weapon. I wasn't about to have that. I called the Honolulu TSA the next day after we arrived back to the mainland. A nice TSA man named Henry helped me. He called us the next day saying they had the paddle, and even though they normally don't do this, they would ship it to us. I was so happy. When we got back from Utah our neighbors brought it over. Fedex had dropped it at their house 9 days before. Yes, TSA overnighted the paddle. I noticed the handle had broken on both sides. Henry hadn't wrapped it, it just came with a FedEx sticker paper around it. No big deal, it was insured. Called FedEx, they refunded our shipping and cost of paddle. Yahoo!! So Kenzie now has her cute Surfer Girl paddle hanging in her tropical room!

On Friday August 28th we held a Birthday Party for Kenzie and Madilynn. They each had a few friends over. It was great fun!

We also had Molly's 2nd birthday party which I already posted here

On August 30th we said goodbye to Joy & Harley after spending a week having fun with us!

Such a fun way to close out Summer 2009