Monday, September 21, 2009

We hiked Diamond Head

Sunday July 26, 2009

The Climb

Are we ready?

Our Quest

It was a HOT day for Oahu. 90 degress!!

Keep on keeping on! Heading up the path. We had already hiked a long way by this point, still more to go. We hadn't even reached the nightmare stairs yet.

Taking a rest

Doing good!

Resting at the scenic lookout. Getting close to the tippy top!

Molly kept wanting to get down and walk. She actually walked a good amount of the path. Mom said I looked a little GLAM on the hike. It's the cute hat!

The view from a scenic spot, almost at the top. BEAUTIFUL!!!


Look how far we've come


.....and after hiking on the gravel path, 3 extreme steep staircases, 2 tunnels, crawilng through a tight hole, climbing on last set of stairs...................


....WE MADE IT TO THE TOP!!!!! It was so worth it! That was not an easy hike!! I'm so proud of all of us for doing it,and we had FUN!!!!



We made our way back down same way we came up. I was so happy to see the car and a delicious Pina Colada Smoothie waiting for me at the bottom.(Jer, Dad & Kenz raced back to the bottom, Kenz won)

So proud of my girls for hiking to the top of Diamond Head. They got certificates with an official stamp at the top! Molly should be in this picture but she was already sitting in the car sucking down my drink!:)

One more time......WE DID IT!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

What an amazing hike?? Wow you guys! Great pictures Jill. I wish I was in Hawaii right now. Gorgeous!

(nice shirt Jer! ;)

Jill said...

Oh, you know Ash, Jer's always working hard to give a shout out to Fullers Field!!!!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Again- Such beautiful pictures! Although... I do have to admit... Every time I get on your blog and see more Hawaii pictures, I start to wish I could go on vacation!!!! Jeff has booked me a flight to go out to Ohio with him, so that will be fun, but definitely not Hawaii!!! ha ha (Don't tell Jeff I said that!)

Jill said...

Ash,

I'm so happy to hear you're going to Ohio with Jeff. Take warm clothes, Fall is in the air out this way and I'm sure much more further east. It will be a beautiful time to go there. Our leaves are slowly starting to change. I love the fall out here. So happy that Jeff got the interview at the Dental school he wanted. I know he will WOW them all!! You going will give you a good feel of the place and maybe where you'd like to live. Are you taking Blakelee?