Our friends in Kansas used to live in Oahu and worked at the Polynesian Cultural Center. They still have family that works there. Nice for us, they got us in for 1/2 off reg. admission price. That was so great! Thanks Billie and Courtney!!:)
Driving to the Center took about 50 minutes. Kids had a nice snooze.
We got to the Center a little later then planned so we toured the Samoa Island and enjoyed walking around the gift shops. We would come back the next day for more touring,the Luau and night show!
We loved the Samoa show!! The guys were so funny, and amazing!!!


Dad discovered his hidden talent- a Ukelele player!Jer and Molly trying to make fire!

Dad & Madi got tattoos

We left the PCC around 6:30 so we could tour the Laie, Hawaii Temple grounds. The Temple is closed for 18 months, but the grounds are still beautiful!
While we were in the Visitors Center I heard a man talking and the voice seemed so familiar to me. I then saw the man and thought I knew him from somewhere. I couldn't place who he was, so I asked the front desk what his last name was. They told me Eubanks. Still nothing. We discused how I used to live in Utah. Then they asked if I ever used to watch the weather report when I lived there. Ding-Dong, the lights came on! Yes, the weather man for KSL, Mark Eubanks. He is retired, and he & his wife are now serving as Temple Missionaries in Laie, Hawaii. I had to tell him how much I loved watching his weather reports. Yes, I was borderline stalker, and I think my family was a tad embarrased.
He was so kind, and visited with us for about 30 minutes.

What a wonderful, fun day!!








2 comments:
How fun! The PPC pictures bring great memories to my mind. It is such an amazing place and so enlightening. I am still smiling thinking of your trip with Jer's parents and your parents. What a life long treasure of a memory! Had to smile seeing Elder Eubank's picture.
The Polynesian Cultural Center looks like so much fun!! And I love that Temple. The grounds are amazing. So glad you guys were able to go. Thats so funny you saw the weather man from Salt Lake. He looks familiar to me too. Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment