We left for the Polynesian Center at around 10:30. We first wanted to stop at Nuuanu Pali Park. It' s home of the Pali Lookout spot over the east side of Oahu. This is one of my favorite spots in Oahu. Craziest thing happened while there. We parked and started walking up the hill to the lookout. We ran into my Uncle Rex(my dad's brother), Aunt Joyce, and my cousins!!! We found out the week before that they would be on the Island staying up at the North Shore. We weren't sure if we would get to see them while there. I still can't believe we ran into them there at the lookout. So crazy!! So fun!! We all visited for awhile, and got to meet baby Harper, my cousin's 6 month old baby.
Pali Lookout
The drive from Waikiki up the east Oahu coast to the Polynesian Center is beautiful!

Fun times at the PCC, enjoying every villiage & show
Madi & Jer participated in a dance ritual

We enjoyed the River Parade
Coming into the Luau. Look close and see Molly freaked out after the guy tried to put a Lei around her neck.
Raising of the PIG

Madilynn was very shaken up over this. She has a great love for animals. She couldn't believe they pulled this pig up out of the ground, and had burned it(that's what she said). She still ate the pork because I don't think she put 2n2 together. i didn't realize she was in this photo when I took it. Poor girl just standing there looking so sad at the pig.
Our darling waitress
A great time, & great food!

The Luau performance


The night show HA:Breath of Life

We left the PCC around 9:45pm. We were exhausted! It was such a fun day! Another wonderful memory!








4 comments:
The day Dave and I hiked up Pali, it was really really muddy from the rain and I slide on my bum a few times and was covered head to toe with mud (the lovely red mud that never comes out of your clothes) good times, good times. It was worth it though, the view from the top is amazing. I love Jer's moves at the PPC. Please tell me you took a video of that and we will all get to see it one day!! That is so sad about Madi adn the pig! She is such a sweet hearted girl. Oh, last thing. I completely forgot about being out of cream, remember? Do you want another color?
Jill, you need to have this trip published in a book for your parents and Jer's for Christmas. You have done a marvelous job with pictures and descriptions. Heritagemakers.com is one that I used when I did a book. Also, apple computer has one on their computers. Love your efforts! Hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment