Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We go from one vacation to another!

Going back to March 5th- We drove down to Texas(since we would be down there the next week for Spring Break). March 6th got on our early morning flight to Florida. March 7th-14th Cruise. March 14th- flew back to Texas!

Our wonderful, fun cruise came to an end Saturday morning as we came to port back in Miami. We had such a fun week. This cruise was for Jer's agents. He wanted to award the top agents and team leads from his Call Centers. Jer and I had an all expense paid trip(love these work award trips) so we only had to pay for the girls. Flights were free with use of our skymiles, so all we paid for was kids cruise(price was great). Due to Jer's company purchasing 34 rooms, they were so kind to let us have a second room connected to ours free. So the girls had their own room which was nice for us all. We had Balcony rooms, which I loved. Jer and I would sleep with the slide door open listening to the ocean. Pure Heaven!!!! Slept like a baby!!! I feel overwhelmed at the idea of posting the pictures from our trip. I promise I will get to it as this blog is my journal and I want them on here.

In Miami we said goodbye to Jer as he was on his way to Costa Rica, for the next incentive trip, this one for top Directors & Managers. Yes, we had planned on going there as a family. Once again Jer and I were all expenses paid. Kenz & Madi would be $50 a day as room add on's(all inclusive resort), and Molly was free.So all we needed were plane tickets for Kenz and Madi(Molly still flies free under age 2). Well, that turned into a nightmare. We could not get skymiles to work. Well, we could have but we could take a family vacation plus 4 guests on free flights for what we would've used for 2 skymiles tickets to Costa Rica. Paying for the flights seemed ridiculous as they were over $700, so we decided to do the cruise family style instead. Plus, my mom had planned on us coming for Spring Break(same week) and had already scheduled time off. Yes, I could have gone to Costa Rica with Jer by myself. I really would be fine leaving Kenz and Madi with my parents, but Molly I was worried about. Then Jer and I started talking about maybe him taking his BF's from College on the trip. Jer's been wanting to do a guys trip for years, so this would be the perfect time. So Jer is in Costa Rica this week with his BF's Brad & Keith. They are having a great time. Jer even got them upgraded to the Presidential Suite. As much as I sometimes hate how much he travels, it has it's perks!!!

Anyway, we said Goodbye in Miami. Jer went to his flight that was in an hour & we went to ours that was 4 hrs. later. Jer stoppped over in Atlanta, met up with Brad & Keith there. We had a stop in Atlanta and the guys were still there due to a huge flight delay. The girls and I jumped on the tram, ran up to E concourse and were able to spend 10 minutes seeing the guys. Madi took this great picture of them before they boarded the flight.


Girls and I are still on vacation spending this week in San Antonio with my family. I spent all day yesterday doing laundry from the cruise so we'd have clothes to wear this week.

So that is a wrap up of our travels so far. Pictures to come soon.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like a great time...Have fun with your family this week. I can't wait to see pictures!

Beverly said...

Phew....I'm glad you already told me yesterday about all of this otherwise I would still be confused. Your life is too exciting!!! Can't wait to see ya'll on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see all your pics from the cruise and we can go on the computer and check out Jer's pics, too.

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

I think it is so funny that Jer can always get an upgrade on just about anything!!! :) Have fun in Texas and tell your family hi!!! We love you guys!

Todd and Megan said...

What a great perk to have from Jer's job! Will be excited to see your pictures! Tell your family hi for me!

Ang and Al said...

I'd actually like to hear Jer refer to Brad and Keith as his "BFs." :) Kenzie needs to call me so we can finish Inkspell!